• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
PhilixLetsPlay

OPPM not installable

My guess is that you didn't even install OpenOS, and now you're trying to install oppm on a read-only floppy disk. This won't work, of course. Insert a HDD, boot from the OpenOS floppy, run install, choose openos if you're asked, and reboot the computer when it's done. Then you can try to install oppm.

19 hours ago, Fingercomp said:

My guess is that you didn't even install OpenOS, and now you're trying to install oppm on a read-only floppy disk. This won't work, of course. Insert a HDD, boot from the OpenOS floppy, run install, choose openos if you're asked, and reboot the computer when it's done. Then you can try to install oppm.

thank you ist working but i cant install the 3d models with the command ,, oppm install print3d-examples "

2018-07-27_15.59.06.png

Oh, too long without yielding... This error means the computer exceeded the timeout, but didn't yield; it's required to prevent "stupidly written or malicious programs" from blocking other computers from running. I can't say oppm is stupidly written (although it isn't certainly the most efficient program ever, either), nor is it malicious. The error can also be thrown if the MC host server (or, if you are playing in a SP world, your computer) is overloaded and causes the game — and the opencomputers — run slower. Less code is executed per second, so it can just be unable to reach an os.sleep call in the default five seconds. In this case, you may want to increase the timeout setting in the OpenComputers configuration file.