• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
MaximoTG98

Redstone I/O Block and different outputs on one side

Question

I will try to do my best to explain myself,so.

I'm trying to turn off and on, five different farms that i have using opencomputers and integrated dynamics redstone reader and writer,the last one will send the final redstone signal to the farm and will turn it off.

The reader is simple,it will read the redstone signal on the block in front of it,and will store the actual redstone signal in a card,and the writer will only send the final redstone signal if the reading from the reader is exactly the number that i configured (between 0-15 )

the reader will be pointing to the redstonei/o block,to read the redstone output.

The thing is, what do we have to do if we only want 1 farm active? and 2? what if  3 or 4?

I can only have access to one side of the redstonei/o block,so we can't have different readers on each side.

Maybe dividing the 2 numbers could work and then try to compare the decimal to a value and if is true then send the redstone,but with 3? do we have to divide all three or divide the first 2 and then add the third? That is my problem.

If someone can help i will be veeeeeery grateful

1 answer to this question

The redstone card* / block does control it's individual sides. You can connect a redstone wire to each side ... but classical redstone dows interfere with it's environment, that might be tricky.

Using an enderio redstone conduit, I can control 16 outputs per side (bundled). You can read individual bundle colors or get the whole bundle table.That uses a separate set of functions. (The classic functions will probably work and interfere, too)

If you output a signal, that side will read at least the value you are sending. So for IO, you have to write a signal strength of 0 first.

HTH

* untested yet