• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Minitel

Minitel is a simple, efficient networking protocol implementing layers 3, 4 and 5 of the OSI model. It supports automatic configuration and routing over large and small networks.

Currently supported platforms include OpenOS, KittenOS NEO (via this package), and embedded devices.

Features include:

• Flood routing with route caching
  • Reliable packet delivery
  • Packet segmentation
  • Ordered delivery
  • Bidirectional, ordered, reliable streams

Installation instructions and API documentation can be found in the Github repo, though they can be summarised as "oppm install minitel".

Demos:

On 3/6/2018 at 10:54 AM, Molinko said:

Although the link to your demo is down.. I'd like to see some examples thank you very mucho.

Fixed the demo link and added another, hopefully this one can be more stable.

There's example code as some of the other applications such as FRequest and MMail in the Minitel repository.

This is working great, although I have some questions. I have read the docs, man, and readme files.

Is there a way to route the LAN traffic of a local Relay with a Linked card to a server with the matching linked card?

This is the current network diagram.

c1---r1--c2         c:computer#n, --:wired connection, r1:relay(with link to s1)

s1--back--s2     s1 wired via internal 'back' bus to s2 (s1 has link to r1 | s2 has link to r2)('link' is a linked card)

c3--r2--c4          c:computer#n, --:wired, r2:relay (with link to s2)

I hope my diagram makes sense. Am I routing all wrong? Does minitel just not support routing via linked cards? Or is it just Links via switches? I'm a bit lost :)

Thanks in advance for your input.

I haven't actually implemented routing from computer-to-computer via linked cards - I kinda forgot they existed - but routing via linked switches should work fine. I'll implement computer-computer linked card routing when I get the chance. Thanks for reminding me.

You can now send Minitel messages via linked cards. This'll make implementing internet bridges easier, too, so I'll get onto that at some point. This includes vTunnel:

Well, it's only 10 months later than intended, but I finally got around to improving the FRequest daemon. It now uses OpenOS threads, reducing system load, and supports being used as a HTTP(S) proxy.

To enable acting as a proxy:

1. Update frequestd via oppm: oppm update all
  2. Reboot your server
  3. Change iproxy=false to iproxy=true in /etc/fserv.cfg
  4. Restart FRequestd: rc fserv restart

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, MisterNoNameLP said:

I probably just too dumb, but how do I use it for embedded devices?

Basically, you concatenate the Microtel files from the Github repository to the front of your embedded application, something along the lines of

cat microtel-3.lua microtel-4.lua microtel-5-base.lua microtel-5-open.lua yoursoftware.lua > eeprom.lua

This will let you use the functions described in the documentation for Microtel, and get the relevant signals.