• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
DevNebulae

Development of scripts

Question

Hello everyone!

I am currently diving deeper in the documentation of the OpenComputers mod and I am wondering if there is a way to externally develop a script while testing it on the MineCraft client. I could develop scripts for ComputerCraft by placing them in a certain folder in the .minecraft folder, but what is the preferred way of doing so in OpenComputers?

With developing externally, I mean in my favorite editor of choice (Visual Studio Code for example).

4 answers to this question

9 hours ago, DevNebulae said:

The weird thing is that if I add a file via Visual Studio Code (VS Code), the computer does not pick up on it until after I reboot the computer. I can also not real-time edit the file in VS Code and run it on the computer as I expect it to as I could with ComputerCraft. Is there something I am missing?

15 hours ago, Michiyo said:

open the OpenComputers config, find "bufferChanges=" and set it to false

6 hours ago, Michiyo said:

Sure, open the OpenComputers config, find "bufferChanges=" and set it to false.  Then you can put files directly into $savedir/world/opencommputers/$hdduuid/

The weird thing is that if I add a file via Visual Studio Code (VS Code), the computer does not pick up on it until after I reboot the computer. I can also not real-time edit the file in VS Code and run it on the computer as I expect it to as I could with ComputerCraft. Is there something I am missing?