• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
IlynPayne

SGCX - SGCraft Stargate Controller

Not sure if anyone here can help me, but SGCX is having issues dialing addresses that it was previously able to dial. Some addresses are just immediately cancelling the dial sequence. I can still dial the same address using the DHD just fine, but if SGCX is running when I do this, it will close the gate on its own as soon as the wormhole is established. If I exit SGCX and dial with the DHD, it works normally, doesn't close the gate until the time runs out. Any ideas what might be wrong?

On 7/24/2020 at 12:59 AM, Fragment said:

Not sure if anyone here can help me, but SGCX is having issues dialing addresses that it was previously able to dial. Some addresses are just immediately cancelling the dial sequence. I can still dial the same address using the DHD just fine, but if SGCX is running when I do this, it will close the gate on its own as soon as the wormhole is established. If I exit SGCX and dial with the DHD, it works normally, doesn't close the gate until the time runs out. Any ideas what might be wrong?

This is a known bug in SGCraft I reported a few months ago. Please check this thread on GitHub for more information.

I get the same issue even if the chunk is loaded on remote side. Dialing is fine, wormhole is established and then 1sec later the gate close itself.

So I'm definitely thinking it's not a SGCraft fault since I can use nexDHD without that problem.

And I can replicate the bug 100% of the time, it's not random.

*** EDIT ***

Ok after some more test it seem that your program is interfering with other program that are connected to the same stargate.

I wonder why since I was using nexDHD and ccDHD without any problem. But as soon as your program is managing the stargate it prevents other program to work properly.

And the reasons behind why I do this is simply because every programs have unique features that I need/like from each.

Anyway would it be possible also a feature to export/import the addresses with a floppy? 

On 8/24/2020 at 7:41 PM, Korvynus said:

Ok after some more test it seem that your program is interfering with other program that are connected to the same stargate.

I wonder why since I was using nexDHD and ccDHD without any problem. But as soon as your program is managing the stargate it prevents other program to work properly.

Interesting.
This isn't really a typical use case and I would be amazed if my nexDHD would run without crashing in this kind of configuration.

I guess you could use nexDHD and ccDHD because they are OpenComputer and Computercraft respectively.
If you have a computer with nexDHD and another with SGCX both connected to the stargate then I would assume their components connect to each other which will cause problems (and it would be really difficult to fix).

Actually even using ccDHD cause the stargate to immediately close once the wormhole is open.

Only SGCX is able to dial correctly without issues even with the other programs connected to the gate.

The problem arise only when it's another program try to use the gate when SGCX is connected to it. But if I disconnect SGCX from the gate, all other programs works well together (ccDHD, nexDHD, StargateControl (by Bysokar)).

That's why I guess something wrong inside SGCX only. Otherwise the problem would appear between the other programs too which is not the case.

I made sure that also that every OC interfaces connected to the gate are separated by 1 block each so they don't "connect" each other.

I could show you some screenshots or video of my setup? Maybe I missed something...