• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
IlynPayne

SGCX - SGCraft Stargate Controller

SGCX - SGCraft Stargate Controller

Stargate controller based on GML library.

Showcase:

s_4.thumb.png.27e149529aaf26cea5b5334924329f0a.png

s_5.thumb.png.6ca07369912b9286c9ac9205b05c1ce6.png

s_2.thumb.png.adfb641c0204a41f7dc749fb31cdc863.png

s_3.thumb.png.5f556b3913c5f02cd37a69a96a579c7b.png

Installation steps:

1. First download the package manager that will be used to download the application and all required dependencies:
    wget https://gitlab.com/d_rzepka/oc-equipment/raw/master/installer/arpm.lua
  2. Use the package manager do download SGCX:
    arpm install sgcx

3. Run SGCX with an additional argument - init. This will allow you to pick a stargate interface address from list. It is required only during the first startup - address will be saved in a configuration file.
    sgcx init

4. Optionally you can install the irisAuth package (remote iris management) using the previously mentioned package manager.

Features:

• Displaying Stargate status
  • Storing gate addresses
  • Grouping and searching addresses
  • Disconnecting wormhole after specified time
  • Automatic iris control (see installation steps, step 4)
  • Displaying distance to the selected destination
  • Address calculator: convert addresses within one dimension into chunk (and estimated block) coordinates and vice versa
  • Animated dialing sequence with chevron drawings

Future plans:

• Dialing history
  • Iris authorization usage history

Requirements:

• Tier 3 screen and GPU
  • At least 1 MB RAM
  • Network card
  • Keyboard

(GitLab repository)

This is brilliant, mate. Really has some of the feel of the software they used on the SG-1 show.

I can confirm that the irisAuth program works. Unless you change the string sgcx expects in the network message, this shouldn't change.

P.S. I made a smaaall custom modification to the iris opening function of the program that uses redstone and the opensecurity alarm component to add a snazzy warning lights/klaxon alert when the iris is open, make things more dramatic. You can see it here:

What do you think? ^_^

7 hours ago, soulofthereaver said:

P.S. I made a smaaall custom modification to the iris opening function of the program that uses redstone and the opensecurity alarm component to add a snazzy warning lights/klaxon alert when the iris is open, make things more dramatic. You can see it here:

What do you think? ^_^

That's a nice feature. Indeed there was an alert in the show while the stargate was open. :)

You could use redstone signal in conjunction with my base security control system, The Guard. (As soon as I finish the translation, it will be posted in the showcase section).

That's not what is meant by the "Address"  you need the component address of the OC interface block, you can get this by using an OC Analyzer on the SGCraft interface, and then open chat and click the long UUID Address reported there, or you can run `components` at the computer shell, and copy the address by hand.

@IlynPayne update the title, it's not staragte controller but stargate there's a typo.
Brilliant idea, but if you allow me I'd like to implement it as a base program on my new os (totally not self-advertising).
And by implement I mean to use some of your code into a new program that'd be dedicated for stargates and credited under your name just remade by me.

On 1/14/2019 at 3:56 PM, Atoz said:

the iris wont work (when I send the iris code it says no response (I am close enough to the gate to have it(I even tried in my gateroom))

• Make sure that port status is set to "open" (the button in the upper right corner).
  • Iris is opened by sending a wireless signal to SGCX, so the computer must have wireless network card installed (a relay with wireless network card is good to).
  • When dialing to a remote stargate, computer with SGCX must be within the chunk loading range of SGCraft (1 chunk by default).

6 hours ago, MeltingBrain said:

update the title, it's not staragte controller but stargate there's a typo.

Title updated, thanks for the info. :)

6 hours ago, MeltingBrain said:

Brilliant idea, but if you allow me I'd like to implement it as a base program on my new os (totally not self-advertising).
And by implement I mean to use some of your code into a new program that'd be dedicated for stargates and credited under your name just remade by me.

Sure, no problem. You can also include it as an external program - it's hosted on a public GitLab repository and everyone (well.. at least GitLab members) can contribute to it.