• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
TrollMaster22

Zetta Industries RF meter monitor program

Question

Hello,

I play on a roleplay server and I own the energy company there, like any energy company in the world I have to bill my clients and I use the Zetta Industries RF meter to do that, it outputs the exact amount of energy the user has consumed. To bill my clients I have to go up to their property and check the meter and that is getting really hard since the server is groing so I need another  way of billing. I found that the RF meter is compatible with OC and there are a series of commands that i can use to make my life easier. Here' the link to them https://zi.bymarcin.com/RFMeter/RFMeter.md. What I need is a program that does all the functions in the link and displays all the information about the meters in a monitor. The program must also be easy to use, example: if i want to block someones electricty I click on their meter displayed on the monitor and a window appears with all the actions I can take, then I click on the Block elevtricity action and the meter stops outputing. If this example is too hard or impossible to use the commands can be text based as long they are easy to use. I really need this program and if possible I would like to get it in a month, but I know it is a really complicated program(I think, don't know nothing about lua XD) so anyone that might want to take a swing at it can take as much time as they need, I need something functional and easy to use as previously said. Thank you for your time, I wish all of you good luck. Also it must be for version 1.7.10

2 answers to this question

I don't know exactly what it is you want, so correct me if I'm wrong. You want a program that can do the following (Please correct if I am wrong or missed something): 

1) Show all information about an RF meter
2) Enable or disable the RF meter's output

Now, I don't know exactly how to save the addresses of each meter, and a graphical interface is beyond my capabilities, but I can make a program that can enable, disable and show the energy readings on meters. When I get more proficient in Lua, I'll post an update that highlights (And shows in a different colour for visibility) but for now, I hope you have a book and quill on you. I'll get coding right away, I can hopefully be done by the Monday, 27th November.

EDIT 1: Unexpected delays on my end, will be done next week hopefully. Also, setting a password is going to overly complicate things. It's that or set a password for everything first. You'll have to let me know

Edited by ImSoBored246
Unexpected delays

I have finished this request roughly halfway, although I was wondering if your server used a currency accessible by Open Computers. If so I could integrate that as a part of the program's scope. However if it does not, you will manually have to enable and disable outputs once you receive payment or lack there  of.

If you do have a "digital" currency in place, please let me know which mod it is based on so that I can integrate it properly, if not I will continue developing this as a semi-automated system.

Additionally... how big is this network?