• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
RandomRedMage

Nanomachines, son. Control them, don't let them control you. :D

I haven't been here in a long while, mostly because life, the universe, and everything has been getting in the way of fun. Also, I'm usually an eternal lurker, but hey today I have a small contribution, As I have been playing I wanted a gui interface to easily turn on and off the different nanomachine flags. So I built a small application to do it. Right now it is super basic, but I hope to flesh it out a bit more and give it proper displays ect, so I dont have to do things as janky as I did here.

Long story short, I'm bad at lua/coding/scripting in general, so its a little hamfisted and could prolly be streamlined a lot,

As some basic prerequisites, it needs a computer or tablet with a teir 2 graphics card, and a wireless card.

I used Dustpuppies gui api found here: 

It was really helpful, and made setting up an interface really simple.

Screenshot below~ 

Pastebinlink: https://pastebin.com/wrxi0726

Buttons that say on, turn flags on, buttons that say off turn flags off. super simple nonsense.

arguments~ you can launch the file with the argument '-s' and this will skip a 'loading' screen I coded into it. The loading screen, is just a visual representation of the program turn off all nanomachine flags one by one. since nanomachines will only respond to commands once every second or so. I did this as I am still learning and figureing things out with network messages, and sending is easier than receiving for me, lol and telling the nanos to turn everything off was easier than asking the nanos whats turned on, and setting the buttons up to match it at launch. Mainly because I am dense, and it's going to take a little time to work things out and hammer it into my mind how to do this.

NanoControl.thumb.png.235ad18d50ba652d1eb888a0b0b5d1eb.png

Thanks for taking a look at my nonsense. If you have any suggestions, or contributions, please, speak up. D: seriously I wont learn exactly how terrible I am at this without your help, and in turn wont get any better. I made this because I wanted to, and the only nanomachine control app I was able to find was just a text based type thigns application. [though that application has been helpful in setting this up and will likely be helpful in continuing work on this program. As I believe every nanomachine function is in use by it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl3zGcTh67w that's the program. I picked apart to learn how to do this and stuff. D

6 hours ago, Plazter said:

It would be cool if you'd give them some names so we know whats what, and do what :D

mostly for us lazy ppl :b

I would, but they would be useless to anyone other than me, in my current world, with my current set of nany machines. Nanomachines are randomized, so upon ingesting them, the different abilities you can get are completely random. For example, If I activate flag 5, and flag 7 I get Night Vision, Absorption, and Fire Protection. Someone else, may just get, water breathing or or haste. So it's best to test out what you can get and be careful. Instant damage is also a potential effect, and that can be a bit deadly. :P

6 hours ago, Dustpuppy said:

Nice Gui :D

I had good resources to work with ;)

8 hours ago, RandomRedMage said:

I would, but they would be useless to anyone other than me, in my current world, with my current set of nany machines. Nanomachines are randomized, so upon ingesting them, the different abilities you can get are completely random. For example, If I activate flag 5, and flag 7 I get Night Vision, Absorption, and Fire Protection. Someone else, may just get, water breathing or or haste. So it's best to test out what you can get and be careful. Instant damage is also a potential effect, and that can be a bit deadly.

oh... i wasnt aware of that well ok!, thanks for the response :D looks usefull !

I'm not sure if this is working right for me, I got the GUI downloaded and everything was up, I starting clicking the input on buttons, but at first nothing was happening. No particle affects, no damage, no potion affects, nothing. Then around option 6 or 7 I got hearts, and thought maybe I was just unlucky and 1 - 6 didn't do anything. The problem is from that point on, whenever I activated an input I started taking damage. And it wasn't just a few inputs, it was every input including inputs 1 - 6. I made sure that everything was set to off before turning on a new one and they all still damaged me.

On 6/2/2017 at 8:43 PM, thefelinecorgi said:

I'm not sure if this is working right for me, I got the GUI downloaded and everything was up, I starting clicking the input on buttons, but at first nothing was happening. No particle affects, no damage, no potion affects, nothing. Then around option 6 or 7 I got hearts, and thought maybe I was just unlucky and 1 - 6 didn't do anything. The problem is from that point on, whenever I activated an input I started taking damage. And it wasn't just a few inputs, it was every input including inputs 1 - 6. I made sure that everything was set to off before turning on a new one and they all still damaged me.

Nano machines are very lucksack on what abilities you can get. But it sounds like you might have too quickly activated/deactivated a flag. since the nanos can only accept one commands every second or two. One of your flags may have appeared as off in the program, but actually have still been on. By default the safe number of On flags, is 2. if you have 3 on, even if none of the flags actually have an effect, you will take damage. I fired up my program on an updated install, and still works fine for me.

Give it a second or so between changing flags, I'm pretty derp when it comes to coding in lua, and while I can do some things, this program is very poorly optimized. And there really isn't any built in failsafe to check if a command went through properly or not. reinstall nano's and try again. I lucked out on my second use of nanos and basically became invincible.