• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
_block_master187

Format Command? SecuriWipe Idea!

I think that the OC team should add like, a format command or something. That will format the currently mounted/booted drive.

I made something like this, I turned it from a virus to a formatting tool.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My SecuriWipe program is a program to securely and safely wipe your computer, format the drive, and flash your EEPROM. It leaves NO file behind and is easy to run!

WARNING:  SecuriWipe deletes ALL FILES on the drive run on!

SecuriWipe will FLASH YOUR BIOS, AND RENDER THE COMPUTER UNABLE TO BE OPERATED UNTIL THE EEPROM IS REPLACED AND HAS A NEW FLOPPY DISK/HARD DISK.

If you do not feel comfortable with the above method, there is an ALTERNATIVE!

The alternative method will only delete files off the drive, leaving the EEPROM to work. You will need to insert a new floppy disk into your computer and reinstall OpenOS to it.

To use method 1 of SecuriWipe, run this command in the shell: pastebin get Yc6sv6uQ SecuriWipe;SecuriWipe

To use method 2 of SecuriWipe, run THIS command in the shell: pastebin get 3NJj9aSJ SecuriWipe;SecuriWipe

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It SHOULDN'T delete anything it's not supposed to, have a look at the Pastebin. I need people to try this out so I can submit it to OPPM.

I wouldn't reccomend doing this on a survival computer, unless you really need it wiped.

Thanks!

Normally I'd discard these "virus" topics but yours is so bad I didn't see the need to.

I looked at your pastebins, you do realise you could just do the following and get the same result

component.eeprom.set("")
shell.execute("rm -rf /")
computer.shutdown(1)

On 4/13/2017 at 4:01 AM, Lizzy Trickster said:

Normally I'd discard these "virus" topics but yours is so bad I didn't see the need to.

I looked at your pastebins, you do realise you could just do the following and get the same result

component.eeprom.set("")
shell.execute("rm -rf /")
computer.shutdown(1)

Yeah sorry about that. I'm still new to programming the computers. Thanks for the reply though.. One step closer to learning!