• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Programmdude

Network filesystem

I wrote a pair of programs that let you mount an external computer as a drive. It's mostly untested, so I won't be surprised if it decides to crash and launch nukes at your base. :P

Currently the filesystem is read only, and sends the entire file over in one message, so chances are it will break if you try to send files larger then 8kb (or your server max message size) over. It also only supports 1 server, and 1 mounted drive. Lots of limitations, but it's good enough as a proof of concept.

Currently the server only hosts one parent folder, which currently is called /share, which in my setup is bound do a tier 3 HDD.

It would be possible to rebind it to / to host every file on the server, but I don't think thats overly necessary consider most of them are identical per server due to the rom being loaded.

Usage is simply netfs "destination mount", it auto scans for the recieving server, so host the server first.

yMv5YhX.png

jF7fP3x.png

See, the pics don't lie. All the functions should be supported, though with only readonly access half of them will error out.

Host: http://pastebin.com/pq59xgre

Client: http://pastebin.com/RsdxhGNw