• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
MajGenRelativity

OETF #6 - Globally Engineered Routing Technology

Globally Engineered Routing Technology (GERT) is a networking protocol for OpenComputers that can network OC computers together, and connect different MC servers together via the Internet. It is also capable of linking real life computers to OC Computers. It uses an IPv4-like addressing scheme for computers, which helps generate easier to remember addresses, and it supports both socket and connectionless data transfer methods.

More information can be found at https://github.com/GlobalEmpire/GERT/wiki/GERTi

For more questions, please either post in this thread, or message MajGenRelativity#4971, or TYKUHN2#5283 on Discord. Messaging MajGenRelativity on irc.esper.net is also an option if you can't/won't use Discord.

First off, this formatting is terrible.
While I'm being nitpicky, this is standard thing rather than an advertising thing, so maybe don't describe why you think it's awesome, instead, focus on explanations of the protocol with neat graphics.

Anyway, it is good that  you have explained how your protocol works in a step by step way.

21 hours ago, skyem123 said:

First off, this formatting is terrible.
While I'm being nitpicky, this is standard thing rather than an advertising thing, so maybe don't describe why you think it's awesome, instead, focus on explanations of the protocol with neat graphics.

Anyway, it is good that  you have explained how your protocol works in a step by step way.

The formatting is terrible because I just copypasted it from GitHub do to the fact that the whitepaper won't be finished until the protocol is done. Once we make it to Release Candidate 1, I will be making a video with instructions on how to set up a basic network to play around with, and how to harness the power of GERT for great and amazing things. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to improve the appeal.