• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
wylderhoads1809

Some quick questions from an OC noob

Question

Hello all, I'm new to open computers (and lua) but I have worked with c++ in the past, although it was many years ago. My quick questions are as follows:

-Sometimes when I get a result from the lua interpreter, it doesn't give me all the results, but has ellipses after the first 10 or so. How do I view the rest of the results/ all of the results?

-Is there a way to delete all of the text in a .lua file? I plan on editing my code in a text editor then pasting it in and don't want to manually delete everything anytime I make changes. Or, maybe a better question is: what's the best way to externally write/edit code and then get it into my OC?

-Last question! are there any good tutorials online for learning lua? I know the manual is a good resource but it is a bit too dry for me (I'm doing this for fun, afterall). I was looking for something more interactive maybe? I don't have anything specific in mind, I just want to learn some of the syntax and possibilities!

Thanks for any help!

3 answers to this question

cant answer your first question but I can the second one if you edit the opencomputers files in the .minecraft directory on your pc then go into the game and REMOVE the Hard Drive/Floppy disk that you edited outside of minecraft and then put it back in remember to close the GUI in between it should reread the folder associated with it and your files will be there. I did this yesterday I moved some files from one computer in one world to another in another world. Had to disassemble my creative tablet though because that was what I was editing. Check your local app store on your phone for an app that will help you. I did find one on the Google play store called Learn Lua.