• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
PixelToast

Holograms

the menger function is the sierpinski carpet algorithm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierpinski ... nstruction

the bits function combines a series of bits into a number, because holograms use binary data for the Z axis

for example:

holo.set(24,24,1) will make a single block holo.set(24,24,2) will move the block up and holo.set(24,24,3) will make two blocks

this is because 1 is 0b1 2 is 0b10 and 3 is 0b11

so if you want a block at say z 10 you do holo.set(24,24,2^(10-1)) because 2^9 is 0b0000000001

after that it generates a 2d sierpinski carpet in a table

i calculate this before because if i put it in the 3d loop it would check the same coords over and over again

then it iterates through x, y and z and maps the fractal to it

Looks really nice! By the way, you can connect the power directly to the computer (and server racks, too) since 1.2.2, so you could skip the converter in that build.

It had occurred to me to use a robot to travel to a set height, travelling down till it hit something, send that info to a computer, then return to its height and move over to the next spot. But that way would only give a height map and be really slow.

Still, it's a start.

Thank you!

Oh, sorry! Here it is: Right Apple.

I wrote Hologram Editor programm, just for fun =) It looks like this: screen. These holograms was created using it.

P.S. Yep. It was an attach on russian CC/OC forum, originally. As you can see, I compose phrases not so.. fluent. ^_^

That is an amazing program. Great design, far better designed than most CC programs I've seen.

The forum posts in the Programs section doesn't have replies at all, so I haven't scanned through them for anything good, where is your hologram topic (if you have one)?

Your English is just fine, don't worry about it!

and amazing your hologram editor and viewer

On 1/11/2014 at 4:16 PM, MoonlightOwl said:

Thank you!

Oh, sorry! Here it is: Right Apple.

I wrote Hologram Editor programm, just for fun =) It looks like this: screen. These holograms was created using it.

P.S. Yep. It was an attach on russian CC/OC forum, originally. As you can see, I compose phrases not so.. fluent. ^_^

and amazing your hologram editor and viewer!

On 1/14/2017 at 6:39 AM, Ciclope Bizco said:

explain, pls :)

This is my old attempt to create holographic map. Like in sci-fi movies. ^_^ 

Debug card (or AMI block from Immibis's Peripherals) scanned the map, and collected the data. A grid of projectors under the floor was responsible for rendering.

The color of any map point depends on it altitude.

On 1/14/2017 at 6:40 AM, Ciclope Bizco said:

and amazing your hologram editor and viewer

Thank you!

1 hour ago, MoonlightOwl said:

This is my old attempt to create holographic map. Like in sci-fi movies. ^_^ 

Debug card (or AMI block from Immibis's Peripherals) scanned the map, and collected the data. A grid of projectors under the floor was responsible for rendering.

The color of any map point depends on it altitude.

Thank you!

yeah, I was thinking the same... a big holographic map of my base :)

thanks! 

i will try, with tears in my eyes, because im sure i will not be able to get everything work lol... wish me luck 

:( im in the serverpack spaceastronomy from ftb playing multiplayer, and the hologram editor give me problems crashing sometimes the whole minecraft.. anyway, i love risk

thanks again for answering :) you'ret the beast!