• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Mitoni

Compatibility with Ender IO

Question

So i am playing with open Computers on HermitPack v 1.1.0, on Minecraft v 1.10.2, and I am running into an issue which I cant seem to find an answer for.

I have a tier 3 computer with a tier 2 redstone card, and I am connecting the EnderIO Insulated Redstone Conduits  which is a bundled redstone cable.  

I can get output when I am using the general redstone cable commands ("rs left 15" for example) but I am not getting any output when using the bundled commands ("rs left -b red 255" for example).  I saw some post on the github a long time ago but not sure if this was resolved, or if i am doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 answers to this question

The issue is that Ender IO is *NOT* a bundled cable, each end connector is ONE color, thus ONE signal, not bundled like ProjectRed, or the older RedPower2.  It is the fault of Ender IO, not Open Computers that there is no support for such a feature as this.  

best solution I've been able to build for this is to use framed bundled cables from Project Red to build a sort of 'Bridge' between the two systems.

dec092c7fe.png

Absolutely let us know if you can find a better or more compact solution!

Sasha do you know if this is a recent change with EnderIO? I know ComputerCraft used to have "bundled" cabled support for EnderIO's conduits. Would be a great thing to see over here on the OC side of things as well. It does look like it was being worked on at one point and things were going good, not sure what happened? https://github.com/MightyPirates/OpenComputers/issues/613