• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Nexarius

nexDHD - SG-Craft Stargate Control Program

20 hours ago, Minerva said:

Is there an easy way to turn off address transfers?

I added that but my ftb launcher doesn't work somehow and can't test it now.

You could test it by updating the program to the beta version with writing "stargate beta" and then go to the config and set "kein_senden to true" that should prevent the program from sending addresses.

14 hours ago, Nexarius said:

I added that but my ftb launcher doesn't work somehow and can't test it now.

You could test it by updating the program to the beta version with writing "stargate beta" and then go to the config and set "kein_senden to true" that should prevent the program from sending addresses.

Thank you so much :) Works perfectly.

Now....to figure out how to get it working on a Tablet for remote IDC.....

21 hours ago, ehcraftermc said:

so when i try to install the program i get this error. https://gyazo.com/d6a82b1531e65920cd9ef90a942263be

The error is basically saying that the OpenOS floppy disk is read only.

You need a harddrive and have to type in "install" to copy OpenOS onto the harddrive otherwise you won't be able to save any files. This step is important for ALL programs.

On 2/11/2018 at 10:22 AM, Nexarius said:

Ist es eigentlich möglich oder vorgesehen, dass man beim tablet.lua einen response bekommt, wenn die Eingabe abgelehnt bzw. akzeptiert wird? 

edit: is it possible or intended that you get a response after sending the IDC from a tablet computer if the iris is deactivated or not?

Next posting will be in english, however i am wondering why i am the first person being asked to write in english in this thread. Since others before me did post in german.

editedit: payonel, i agree with you that posting in english is better for the community. I don't feel offended! :-) 

1 hour ago, Quisquid said:

why i am the first person being asked to write in english

Thanks for the translation! I don't mean to offend, I wish I spoke German! :( I just want more people who come here to find answers or help. English is the common language for most visitors here. I wasn't trying to single you out

3 hours ago, Quisquid said:

Ist es eigentlich möglich oder vorgesehen, dass man beim tablet.lua einen response bekommt, wenn die Eingabe abgelehnt bzw. akzeptiert wird? 

edit: is it possible or intended that you get a response after sending the IDC from a tablet computer if the iris is deactivated or not?

Next posting will be in english, however i am wondering why i am the first person being asked to write in english in this thread. Since others before me did post in german.

editedit: payonel, i agree with you that posting in english is better for the community. I don't feel offended! :-) 

You "should" get a response on the tablet if the IDC is correct or not.
Do both computers have a wireless network card? Are both on the same port?

There are some frustratingly strange performance issues in my program with wireless signals and I didn't have the time to figure it out so I never really finished the tablet program...

27 minutes ago, Nexarius said:

You "should" get a response on the tablet if the IDC is correct or not.
Do both computers have a wireless network card? Are both on the same port?

There are some frustratingly strange performance issues in my program with wireless signals and I didn't have the time to figure it out so I never really finished the tablet program...

I tested it again. There is no response on the tablet. Nonetheless the iris is opening when the right IDC is entered and stays closed if it's the wrong one. 

Computer and Tablet are both having a wireless Network Card T2.
Both are using the default port 645.

For me everything works fine, except for the missing response. 

OpenComputers 1.7.4.153
SGCraft 1.20.3 (its called "Stargate Network" on Curse)

On 3/4/2019 at 10:30 PM, Quisquid said:

I tested it again. There is no response on the tablet. Nonetheless the iris is opening when the right IDC is entered and stays closed if it's the wrong one. 

Computer and Tablet are both having a wireless Network Card T2.
Both are using the default port 645.

For me everything works fine, except for the missing response. 

OpenComputers 1.7.4.153
SGCraft 1.20.3 (its called "Stargate Network" on Curse)

The response was already in the program but the part on the tablet that should show something wasn't :D

I've improved it now to show a response on the tablet if the IDC is correct.

The IDC transmission between 2 nexDHD computers is secure and cannot be intercepted by anyone.
The tablet however broadcast to anything in range (20 blocks) and another player with a tablet in his inventory could steal your IDC because the code for doing that is trivial (and no I won't be helping with that).

You can now install it directly with:

pastebin run -f YVqKFnsP gdo

15 hours ago, Nexarius said:

The response was already in the program but the part on the tablet that should show something wasn't :D

I've improved it now to show a response on the tablet if the IDC is correct.

The IDC transmission between 2 nexDHD computers is secure and cannot be intercepted by anyone.
The tablet however broadcast to anything in range (20 blocks) and another player with a tablet in his inventory could steal your IDC because the code for doing that is trivial (and no I won't be helping with that).

You can now install it directly with:

pastebin run -f YVqKFnsP gdo

Me again, basically it works fine! 

Dialing home --> getting notification about iris status --> send IDC --> getting confirmation --> walk through

But there is a little issue: When I used the GDO once, i have to restart nexDHD computer to be able to use it again. Using it without restarting the nexDHD computer neither gives a notifiation about iris status nor does it even receive the IDC and open the iris.

nexDHD Version used is 2.12.3

Another thing yet to try: Will it work across dimensions? Or does this require linked cards instead of wireless cards? 

3 hours ago, Quisquid said:

Me again, basically it works fine! 

Dialing home --> getting notification about iris status --> send IDC --> getting confirmation --> walk through

But there is a little issue: When I used the GDO once, i have to restart nexDHD computer to be able to use it again. Using it without restarting the nexDHD computer neither gives a notifiation about iris status nor does it even receive the IDC and open the iris.

nexDHD Version used is 2.12.3

Another thing yet to try: Will it work across dimensions? Or does this require linked cards instead of wireless cards? 

Hm... I will check that.

It will work across dimensions (the stargate is compatible with OpenComputers wireless signals).

Linked cards are not supported in nexDHD.

4 hours ago, Quisquid said:

I saw that you uploaded some other Stuff to your GitHub thread. Are there other changes to await? 

Maybe.

Me again, 

Dockter (mod author) is updating his Stargate Network (a greg SGCraft Port for 1.12.2) mod to version 2.0.0 (currently alpha status, not released yet). 
I tested some new features and installed NexDHD. It works fine, but dialing is not possible. NexDHD states that it is dialing but nothing happens.

Someone on the mod authors discord mentioned it may be because dockter changed the return value from "dialling" to "dialing" in version 2.0.0

OpenComputers 1.7.4.153
SGCraft 2.0.0alpha6 (its called "Stargate Network" on Curse but 2.0.0 is not officially released yet)

edit:
Maybe this is an issue in version 1.20.3 too, but i am not able to test this because the SG RF Power Block in version 1.20.3 of SGCraft is broken and i do not have IC2

2 hours ago, Quisquid said:

Me again, 

Dockter (mod author) is updating his Stargate Network (a greg SGCraft Port for 1.12.2) mod to version 2.0.0 (currently alpha status, not released yet). 
I tested some new features and installed NexDHD. It works fine, but dialing is not possible. NexDHD states that it is dialing but nothing happens.

Someone on the mod authors discord mentioned it may be because dockter changed the return value from "dialling" to "dialing" in version 2.0.0

OpenComputers 1.7.4.153
SGCraft 2.0.0alpha6 (its called "Stargate Network" on Curse but 2.0.0 is not officially released yet)

edit:
Maybe this is an issue in version 1.20.3 too, but i am not able to test this because the SG RF Power Block in version 1.20.3 of SGCraft is broken and i do not have IC2

Thanks for the heads up I'll check that.