• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Hellreaper

A newbie question with possibly a very short answer

Question

Hi ^^,

I have a quick question for something very simple that I probably am missing, and I've been looking for a little bit now.

What I am trying to do is make a HUD interface using the openperipherals glasses bridge but I seem to be stuck since im used to

using computercraft...

I wanted to try to make a program that outputs world time, current crafting status(from AE2 autocrafting setup), and some other bits and bobs. But the main problem is that I can't get the overlay to work. 

At this moment I have tried opening the lua prompt and typing the following:

component.openperipheral_bridge.addText*5, 20, "testing", 0x000000)

it isnt giving me an error and I dont know what is wrong (also I cant find any documentation on how to do it in the first place, so Im going by knowledge of a tutorial for version 1.3 while i am on 1.5)

Currently running on Resonant rise 3.3 for minecraft 1.7.10.

If anyone knows/can redirect me to a tutorial it would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Documentation for most components can be found inside the component table (each method tostringed (printed) includes documentation and each method is inside the component table)

As I don't have access to documentation at this moment, all I can say is test the hexadecimal color and the coordinates

(Also don't they require syncing? Make sure they are synced to the "controller" correctly)

I am aware of this, I know the syntax is correct for that specific block since i used this way in computercraft and the methods are the same.

I have right clicked with the glasses that I needed for it on the bridge, and there is an adapter between my OC setup and the bridge. The glasses also have an ID on them which would allow me to assume that the are linked