• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
DarkPikachu

AE2 autocrafting with computers

Question

AE2 autocrafting is now anything but fun like it uses to be.

When done basically it's ok, but extremely slow when crafting multi level recipes.

Multicrafting speeds things up quite a bit and used to be simple to do...

But now, you can't multicraft 15 items with 1 interface in a single step.

This is where maintenance is beyond painful, when you need 15 patterns of the same recipe for 15 interfaces to do what you're trying to do.

Is it possible to issue a crafting job to a computer and let the computer handle the crafting??

11 answers to this question

If speed is an issue, consider using RFTools Crafters. They are very fast and can reuse the output of its own recipes. You can also put multiple Molecular Assemblers around the same interface, if you haven't done that already.

Issuing a crafting job to a computer works the same way as with regular machines. Just put an interface next to it with some encoded patterns. It has no way to know which recipe is being requested, so you have to make sure they all have unique ingredients. Basically just replicate a Crafter with computers.

I also wrote some documentation on the AE2 components, maybe that's of some use to you: https://github.com/Yepoleb/oc-components-doc

Thanks, I'll have to play with that. :)

yea I'm an ae2 whiz with just the basic system...

I've done just about everything with every particular style with MAs, using 6 per interface with over 200 interfaces...

What I have currently is a bunch of nodes of 32 interfaces with the same patterns.

and I have over 16 nodes.

(Yes, this is with channels enabled)

But of course as I add nodes, I like to organize my patterns between them, which is where the pain comes in...

So that's why I'm asking about issuing requests to the computer.

I can let the computer manage a cloud of those crafters, or even basic crafting tables, and notify the ME of crafting progress.

If I could simply get the current crafting jobs from the cpus, I'd have no problem doing this.

I want to start a crafting job normally (me terminal) and have the computer handle the request.

Basically it's a method of having 1 interface use an adaptive buffer (or cloud) of 200+ crafting tables.

(Basically the tables aren't limited to specific recipes, but are used as more recipes are requested)

and not to mention more tables can be added to the cloud.

Yea, it's very easy to get the craftables and start a job through the `me_interface` component, but I personally find that method to be a bit stupid... (no offence)

If you want me to make this a challenge for others...

Your not allowed to make duplicated patterns.

if you want to turn a gold ingot into gold nuggets, you may only use 1 pattern to do it with.

Now, you may use that pattern however you like,

but your objective is to make at least 7 MA's turn 100,000 ingots into 900,000 nuggets.

How many MA's can you do this with. > ;)

EDIT: To make this challenge troll-proof, the MA's must be used only for auto-crafting,

there must be absolutely no user-interaction once the process starts, and all MA's must be used.

The challenge states to use only 1 pattern, not 2 ;)

EDIT: need I mention again that I'm already using 32 duplicate patterns for 32*6 MA's.

It's annoying and painful as F when trying to organize everything.

It sucks all the fun out of everything you're trying to do.

So yeah I want all my crafting requests sent to the computer,

and I want the computer to manage the crafting process.

forget about AE2 auto-crafting, it's too painful.

Isn't there something like a speed upgrade for MAs in AE2? http://ae-mod.info/Acceleration-Card/

If you want to forward a crafting request to OC you can use an AE2 interface to a buffer robot.

You could have one pair for compressing tasks and another pair for uncompressing tasks.

I could imagine having two columns of robots. The rear column is distributing the items and the front column is doing the crafting. The two robot columns would be controlled by broadcast wireless signals. The two (or more) input buffers would limit themselves to something like 1000 crafting actions and would give way to the next buffer to avoid one crafting request to block the other. This system is limited by the item transfer rate of a single robot though.

I'm not commenting on the slow acceleration cards which accelerate a MA to 5 crafts a second.

But I've got much of everything down with a cloud of me-upgraded crafting robots...

the only issue I really have is with the number of items requested...

what could I do to quickly obtain the count??