• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Dustpuppy

Security system for opensecurity

If one would like, the code I have allows for 2 or more keypads to be used, the only difference is that you cannot have the special characters as it will only appear on the first keypad (unless you of course label each and then make the adjustments from there.

Hi, I recently installed the system and it was working perfectly, the only thing is now, I actually moved my system to another room and for some reason, when I try to use the Cardwriter, the GUI does not show up..

I only have some text saying "OpenSecurity Card Writer" and it is asking me to manually inputting some text like "Card Data", "Card Name" etc..

Anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks!

Ok thanks but I really don't know about lua lol could you possibly tell me exactly what do do or direct me to a tutorial as I find the open computers tutorials really hard to follow sorry to hassle you I would really appricate the help 

I quite like this, and I am currently working on converting the door program and server into services (using the RC API) so that they can be run in the background. I am also moving common code into a library that the other programs reference.

I currently have the library and server done, next is the door program, and the GUI after that.

I may also do some more work to integrate more into the OpenSecurity users system, along with my User Roles implementation for OpenSecurity (but that is further down the road and will be a separate set of programs, so that the original versions can still be used on OpenOS).

21 hours ago, BrisingrAerowing said:

I quite like this, and I am currently working on converting the door program and server into services (using the RC API) so that they can be run in the background. I am also moving common code into a library that the other programs reference.

I currently have the library and server done, next is the door program, and the GUI after that.

I may also do some more work to integrate more into the OpenSecurity users system, along with my User Roles implementation for OpenSecurity (but that is further down the road and will be a separate set of programs, so that the original versions can still be used on OpenOS).

I've actually looked around the code on your github and the system does look interesting, keep us posted when you will be done ;) I would love to use it!

cant get it to work. Server is running. Card Writer doesnt show me the User which I have created after restart. And the Door-Computer shows the this message:

2017-07-02_14_46_41.thumb.png.8bc069f677e445ff36913dd8388b02cb.png

the door controller is attached to the computer. But I have also no idea how to connect it to the door....

Thanks for the Help

I will remake it completely, if i find the time or it will rain outside. ;)

Have some more ideas, but at the moment i have to train a horse first as my major time shedule. :D

If you have any ideas for a nice security system, let me know and i will see, what i can do.