• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Welcome to OpenComputers

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Lizzy Trickster

Latest Stable OpenComputers Version   11/26/16

The latest released version of OpenComputers is version 1.6.1 for MC 1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9.4 & 1.10.2. See more information here! Beta/Dev builds can be found at the Jenkins Build Server (ci.cil.li)
    • Lizzy Trickster

README: FORUM DOWNTIME!   04/19/17

These forums will be down from 2017-04-29 @ 1200 GMT for up-to 1 hour (1300 GMT). This is due to the host box needing a reboot to apply Kernel updates. I don't expect the update to take the full hour specified but I have allocated this timeframe in the event that stuff breaks.   Apologies for any inconvenience this causes
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

110 posts in this topic

Just now, XyFreak said:

Ah ok - those configs ;)

If you are playing on a FTB Beyond server, can you do me a favor? I currently have an issue where computers are turned off after a server restart. If you happen to observe this, can you tell me? I want to make sure its not just my server/setup whatever before I ... rant about that bug >_>

Sure. I'll just test and get back to you.

I imagine it will though. I left it all running last night. Just got home from work and hopped on with the computer off and needing re-calibrating. That's what prompted me to ask.

Another quick question:
When building an active reactor, should I build it to be most efficient at 50B/t or just able to keep up at 50B/t?

You should avoid aiming for 50B/t and go for 40B/t - 45B/t instead because you'll be unable to maintain this 50B/t without overshooting. The controller is also going to have trouble with that tbh.

Of course, aiming maximum efficiency is always better. Either way SHOULD work though as long as you give it a little headroom.

2 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

You should avoid aiming for 50B/t and go for 40B/t - 45B/t instead because you'll be unable to maintain this 50B/t without overshooting. The controller is also going to have trouble with that tbh.

Of course, aiming maximum efficiency is always better. Either way SHOULD work though as long as you give it a little headroom.

Cool. I'll probably aim for ~50B/t but then use 20 turbines per reactor (depending on setup difficulty).

Server restarts: well that's interesting. I disconnected from the server, then went to the server console and typed "save-all" and then "stop", as I always do. I waiting 5-10 seconds and then launched it again. Connected and the computer was still on. FTB Beyond 1.5.2 with FastLeafDecay, VeinMiner and MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits added - though I don't see how they would affect it.

1 minute ago, XyFreak said:

...interesting.... thanks^^

No problem.

Another question... I saw Refined Storage causing issues before with transferring steam. Have you had any experience of ME system P2P tunnels and turbines? I always used to use tesseracts but until ThermalDynamics is done, I can't. There are other options but P2P would be nicest for me if it's capable.

Yes - back in the middle of the 1.7.10 lifespan, AE2 Fluid P2P were utterly broken - as long as the output side accepted SOME fluid, the input side took in EVERYTHING it could, destroying the difference in the process.

This is going to throw off the controller. You CAN try it but i somehow doubt this has been fixed. Phantom Faces are propably your best bet.

4 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

Btw - since you're going for an absurd amount of power generation - may i shamelessly advertise my draconic evolution reactor control program? :P

https://tenyx.de/draconic_control/

Already checked it out. Hopped into creative, set up a reactor with your program and promptly blew it up. I assume I set something wrong, but I couldn't be bothered with the risk so stuck with BR (or Extreme Reactors as it now is).

2 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

Yes - back in the middle of the 1.7.10 lifespan, AE2 Fluid P2P were utterly broken - as long as the output side accepted SOME fluid, the input side took in EVERYTHING it could, destroying the difference in the process.

This is going to throw off the controller. You CAN try it but i somehow doubt this has been fixed. Phantom Faces are propably your best bet.

Hmm.... That's a real shame. I'll give it a shot though. What about a storage bus on a Demonicly Gargantuan Drum and... Oh wait, I'd need ExtraCells 2 for that. Where are all the mods at!? Devs?

Hey my dudes, Im getting stuck on install.  I downloaded it successfully (atleast it said i did)  and im getting 50% through the installer when it stops and gives me "Failed to download br_grid_control" 

Thanks

EDIT:  I may not have read deep enough, but two tier 1 ram sticks didnt work.  Swapped everything to teir 2 and it now works properly.