Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

Recommended Posts

Hello I am new to opencomputers so I may be making a dumb mistake somewhere... so far I have my computer built can power on has all required components for installation of Brgc also made sure I had openOS installed on the disk beforehand. The Installationof Brgc goes well and completes, however whenever I try to run the program I get an error(linked below). Any help would be much appreciated!

Pic of Error Message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm... what is "brgc"? The error you're seeing is because that file is either empty or invalid (not sure which it is). However the installer shouldn't create a "brgc" file anywhere....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello so i am using your opencomputers api, but am wondering why my turbines are calabrated to stay at 19,7k RF generation when they could be spinning faster and generation more power, since the reactor is not the probelem i dont know what is. I have tried reinstalling the api, and reclabarating. 

Untitled.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was just me placing too many ludacrite blocks, but i am also having issues with TPS going to 0 and "waiting on server..." its getting a bit annoying having all the crashes.. :/ Any fix for the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @MarkusPriska

Your turbines propably have more coil blocks in them than they should have. Please double check your turbine design.

As for the freezes, that's most likely a deadlock in extreme reactors. Afaik @ZeroNoRyouki is already looking into it. I don't know if the issues has been fixed. For startest, please try upgrading to the latest version of ER. If you already are on the latest version, then I'm afraid there is no fix just yet :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i am afriad that i have allready upgraded to the latest version of ER and Opencomuters so i have to wait for a fix :/ you dont know how long the fix could take? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

Sorry I have no idea. I already offered my assistance but I think zero wants to do it without help ;)

Well lets hope that he can fix it quickly :)

Thanks for the quick responses, your program is the best. If only i could use it ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I know this question may have been asked before somewhere but trying to trawl through 25 pages is a nightmare.

I am trying to run the program on an older version of OC  And due to the thread issue and not being able to update OC due to it being on a server, I have been trying to use the older version tar files. However, after extracting those files I get stuck on how to get the program actually going. Any advice you can give on how to get it working?

For reference, I am using ER 0.4.5.27 an OC 1.6.2.7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well after you extracted the files you can just proceed as you normally would. Keep in mind that the archives are meant to be extracted to the root of your computers filesystem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect. thank you so much, that got the program running immediately. I was down a level which explained why it refused to work properly after extraction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was just wondering if there is a way to force recalibration for reactors and turbines that have been modified, as an example changing the reactor internals or turbine induction coil materials

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Moobien said:

was just wondering if there is a way to force recalibration for reactors and turbines that have been modified, as an example changing the reactor internals or turbine induction coil materials

Pls check out brgcctrl calibrate

brgcctrl calibrate <address here>

Alternatively you can always remove the configuration file to reset everything.

 

EDIT:

brgcctrl accepts partial addresses (e.g. the first three letters)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, XyFreak said:

Pls check out brgcctrl calibrate


brgcctrl calibrate <address here>

Alternatively you can always remove the configuration file to reset everything.

 

EDIT:

brgcctrl accepts partial addresses (e.g. the first three letters)

Thanks man, appreciated.

 

A suggestion then, perhaps something in the gui to run a recalibration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@XyFreak I've got a question on your usage of the setControlRodsLevels method. Are you re-using the table you pass in after calling the method?

I'm investigating a crash (https://github.com/ZeroNoRyouki/BigReactors/issues/178) that look like a race condition between a LUA thread (running your code?) and the Server thread running the code of setControlRodsLevels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2018 at 1:30 AM, Moobien said:

A suggestion then, perhaps something in the gui to run a recalibration?

I'm running out of space there :P

 

4 minutes ago, ZeroNoRyouki said:

@XyFreak I've got a question on your usage of the setControlRodsLevels method. Are you re-using the table you pass in after calling the method?

I'm investigating a crash (https://github.com/ZeroNoRyouki/BigReactors/issues/178) that look like a race condition between a LUA thread (running your code?) and the Server thread running the code of setControlRodsLevels.

No, every call gets a new table that is created from scratch. The code constructing the table is in reactor_base.lua lines 425 - 467 if you want to take a look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. So there is something else that keep holding that lock. I may have to make copies of all those tables before scheduling them on the server thread uhm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi XyFreak!

First of all, thank you for this really good piece of software.

My question: Is there a possibility to cap the "100%" value for the grid capacitor to a lower level? Backround is, I have a massive solar array I want to combine with the reactors/turbines to a main power line. By the moment I inject the solar power to the capacitor bank the brgc is monitoring. The problem is now, that the turbines/reactors try to charge the capacitors during night time to 100%. It would be better when the reactors/turbines charge only to 50% because during daytime i have  overproduction from the solars i dont want to waste (when capacitors are full).

Is there a way to alter the code or is there a possibility to add an configuration value? Or should I simply wire my power grid just in another way?

 

Thanks forward!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 3:29 PM, selli69 said:

Hi XyFreak!

First of all, thank you for this really good piece of software.

My question: Is there a possibility to cap the "100%" value for the grid capacitor to a lower level? Backround is, I have a massive solar array I want to combine with the reactors/turbines to a main power line. By the moment I inject the solar power to the capacitor bank the brgc is monitoring. The problem is now, that the turbines/reactors try to charge the capacitors during night time to 100%. It would be better when the reactors/turbines charge only to 50% because during daytime i have  overproduction from the solars i dont want to waste (when capacitors are full).

Is there a way to alter the code or is there a possibility to add an configuration value? Or should I simply wire my power grid just in another way?

 

Thanks forward!

You're looking for lines 46 and 47 in `/usr/lib/brgc/grid_controller.lua` ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.