• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

Hi @XyFreak

I installed your program recently and I think there is a bug or something on it. When I press the "On/Off" buttom to turn On/Off the reactor, it doesnt work. When I try to put it off it goes for max energy out-put (O% rod inserted).

I dont know if this is normal or not because I dont simply understand how the new UI works. I dont know how Charge mode works to be hones and I cant find info about it. Thanks you so much, thanks for the controller, hope see future programs.

Pd: Sorry about my english, it is not my native language.

Hi @Minoslo

Can you give me some more info? How is your reactor built? Active/Passive? Did you connect some sort of energy storage to the computer via an adapter?

What do you mean by when you tried to put if off? Did you try to turn off the reactor via the GUI? That should just.... turn it off (reactor controller block turning red).

Thank you so much for that fast answer @XyFreak. I will give more info and try to show you with some screenshots what happen when I try to turn off my reactor via the GUI.

It is a pasive reactor whose core is 9x9 square (13x13 with casing), 3 blocks tall. I have 2 Redstone Flux Port on it and both conected to two Induction Matrix from Mekanism, and those are conected to the computer through adapters. The computer is completely tier 3 with a 5x5 screen tier 3 too.

When I ran the program for the first time (parameters by default), calibration mode started and everything went well. It finished and then, the reactor turned on, it started to produce RF until reach the optimal rate (0 wight at this moment, just charging Matrixes). 

In that moment I tried to turn it off and then ,I went to the reactor to check it, and what I saw, it was the reactor full working (100% Temperature, 0% rods insertion). I have tried to make it all in a new computer but the result have been the same unfortunaly. 

Those are some screenshots about it: (Read it top to bottom, left to right, middle picture is what happen when "ON/OFF" is red after have been active)e56e390c379769e29ec3b91ea54f690c.jpg
https://gyazo.com/e56e390c379769e29ec3b91ea54f690c

Thanks you so much.

Edited by Minoslo
I forgot some detail information

Ah ok I see what you did. The ON/OFF switch you pressed is not doing what you think it does :P

You turned off the GRID controller, which caused the reactor control to fall back to standalone mode. Since you're draining the reactors buffer into your induction matrix, the controller assumed that you are using more energy than you can produce and thus the reactor was running full throttle.

If you want to turn off the reactor you need to go to the "Reactors" (or "Combined") Tab and disable the reactor from there (click on the reactors bar).

CHARGE mode only does something if you have more than one reactor / turbine connected. Essentially it powers up every component and sets them to optimal levels to charge your energy storage.

Hi again @XyFreak

I hope to not be bothering you with my questions :wacko:, this one is not long though.

I was upgrading the same reactor that I show you, making it 12 blocks tall counting the casing (10 blocks tall just of fuel rods). I just want to know if the controller should keep the reactor at the optimal producing level, because it is actually not doing it.

It is connected to the same Induction Matrix, there is just 320 RF/t average consumption, and the only thing that I changed was the coolant, what is now "Vapor of levity" rather than "Cryotheum", because technically  it is 5ºC better than the "Cryotheum". 

As my last thing to say :P, there is a thing that standed me out, what it is the optimal producing level. Making the reactor so much taller than the other one, it is just 1KRF/t higher now, (it is just surprising me, I have no idea how The Controller makes the calculation of that internally though). 

Thank you so much, especially because you keep solving questions after years of the release of the program. 

Here some screenshots of that : 

7eef1244f04bc070122983ca7146570a.png

Edited by Minoslo
There was a useless screenshot, I have made another one.

If you extended your reactor you need to make sure BRGC recalibrates it or otherwise it won't know that the reactor is now different.

There are multiple ways to do this:

1. Break & replace reactor computer port (this causes the old config to still be present somewhere tho)
  2. Remove the config file ( rm /etc/br_control.cfg ) then reboot
  3. do a brgcctrl recalibrate <first three characters of reactor address here>

I recommend (3) but (2) is propably easier than that and way cleaner than (1)

Hi man, you are fast...holy...

I tried (1) : I took my hard disk, threw it to the void and then made a new one. I come up it would not work so then I tried (3).

I never tried (2). 

Could be possible that (1) messed up everything? I can unistall the mod and intall it again, or just delete some folder that you let me know. 

Nah that won't be necessary. If calibration fails that badly, that usually means your reactor has an efficiency curve where its most efficient point is VERY close to 100% rod insertion (in your case that'd be ~97%).

Sorry but i don't think you can get brgc to work properly with your design. I just checked and when ran at peak efficiency, the 9x9 core is indeed a tad more efficient than 4 individual 3x3 cores ( https://br.sidoh.org/#reactor-design?length=11&amp;width=11&amp;height=10&amp;activelyCooled=false&amp;controlRodInsertion=91&amp;layout=24C3XC3X4C3XC3X4C3XC3X15C3XC3X4C3XC3X4C3XC3X24C ) (I usually go for a 3x3 grid of 3x3 cores like that).

If you are a bit savvy then can you try editing /usr/lib/brgc/reactor_base.lua ?

There is a line that looks like this (right near the top):

local reactorCalibrationMaxOutput = {0.01,0.02,0.05,0.1,0.15,0.2,0.25,0.3,0.35,0.4,0.5,0.6,0.7,0.75,0.8,0.9,1}

Can you add 0.03 and 0.04 between 0.02 and 0.05 ? And 0.075 between 0.05 and 0.1? Maybe that already hels in your case.

Okey, I am trying that solution for now but I think you are right about my desing. It is bad, just it, so I will change it. Would you recomend some big desing to work perfect with the controller? I'm sorry, I dont know If I should ask that kind of question to you, if not just let me know.

Anyway I will try to solve it first to give you info. 

Thank you so much.

Well the design i posted is a drop-in replacement for your current design with no changes to the exterior required so you can go for that if you want to - it's up to you in the end ;) 

As i mentiond in my last post: 3x3 cores or rings work very well as long as there's one layer of coolant between them

@XyFreak Hmmm... I don't know what's going on, then. The screen will remain as a static image until I interact with it, then it will update to current information. When I first calibrated, I let it sit for a good minute or so, then clicked on the screen and my progress bars would jump to latest readings from the reactor/turbine. Another click a minute alter and the screen updates again. But there's no progress changes between those clicks... 

@CygnusiaX1 Can you check if its related to some mod you are using ( *hint* optifine *hint* )  - the shell cursor should be blinking if you just leave the pc on after booting

@BrisingrAerowing I did but I forgot about it. `rftools_powercell` is already part of the whitelist. If your mod changes that then please add it to `/usr/lib/brgc/energy_storage_component.lua` and let me know if it works - i'll add it if it does.

@CygnusiaX1 Can you check if its related to some mod you are using ( *hint* optifine *hint* )  - the shell cursor should be blinking if you just leave the pc on after booting

@XyFreakAlright... (shutdown, disabled Optifine, restart) I do have a blinking cursor, but I still have to click to manually refresh the screen. I am using a modified version of FTB Revelations, with all mods updated to their latest versions (except Extreme Reactors... their prepping/flattening for 13 fubar'd my Yellorite gen in my world, so I rolled back to the version before.)

EDIT: If I reboot the computer, I have the blinking cursor. If I run the GUI and exit, no more blinky...

I do not have a solution for this issue - the gui is using a timer to redraw stuff - if it suddenly stops drawning then i don't think there's anything wrong with the program. In order for me to test things out I need you to tell me the version of OC, ER and propably your forge version as well.

32 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

I do not have a solution for this issue - the gui is using a timer to redraw stuff - if it suddenly stops drawning then i don't think there's anything wrong with the program. In order for me to test things out I need you to tell me the version of OC, ER and propably your forge version as well.

Okay.I have create an another modpack to see if is my modpack and,on the other modpack i have the problem.I using the last version of ER(0.4.5.65) and for OC i also use the last version(1.7.4.153) for Forge, i have the 14.23.5.5.2815.

Thank for your program :)

PS: I see that when i press "enter" continuous, the screen is actualising i that can help you

Capture.PNG

Okay thank you very much :) this is an important problem because, I see that the program don't work because All the program is not actualising.

To see that, I launch your program with a passive reactor I consume energy and when I "update the screen" the heat at 1000° and go down because the program stop it (I can't screen sorry:)