• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

not sure what I'm doing wrong... I have the computer up and running fine the first two times I tried (http://xypm.tenyx.de/standalone/brgc_installer.lua) it gave me an error message saying that I did not have permission now it says file installed and now when I type (rc brgc_reactor start) or (rc brgc_turbine start) it tells me file not found ??? the computer never did go through an install sequence for brgc like it did on direwolf20's S9 E86 @ 16:43 in the video

ok new question  I have 1 reactor with a 3x3x7 fuel rod core, a 2 block space filled with gelid cryotheum between the core and the case and I'm running 2 5x5x27 turbines each has 37 ludicrite blocks and 80 rotor blades but the program only spins the turbines up to 1300 ~ RPM why not 1700~ ? is there a way to adjust this ?

XyFreak Than you Very much, I uped the ludicrite to 40 and YES it made it worse :( so.... which can I get more power from 37 blocks of enderium or 32 blocks of lidicrite ? beings I already have the ludicrite ?  Ender pearls Not a problem... I've had great luck getting lilies :) 

I personally prefer 7x7x16 so i can fit them into a chunk however i want, but that's just personal preference really. That's up to you. Your reactor should be fine. If i understood your reactor design correctly, your reactor can sustain 11 turbines. You've got some headroom there :P

I hear what you say about 1 chunk , I did what Dire suggested and changed the config to 32 in the x,z direction and their all in a claimed and loaded chunk's, yes I do take a lot of what I learn from Dire's videos and Try to apply that to my game so my understanding of Extreme Reactors is what I've learned from him. so in a 7x7x16 you have 1 layer(24 blocks) and 8 blocks of ludicrite and 96 turbine blades (12 layers of 8 blades)

hm? in a 7x7x16 you have 32 blocks of ludicrite, resulting in a 4 deep coil, then you use a double layer of blades on the rotor, resulting in a 10 deep blade assembly with 80 blades (more blades are useless). Add 2 blocks for the casing on each end and you get a 16 deep / high turbine.

"Independent" makes the grid controller not controll that turbine. The turbine will then be self-regulating and slowing up / down depending on the internal energy buffer (the target is 50%). While this works extremely well, it's not as efficient as having the turbine be turned on/off by the grid controller. If you intend to build a turbine and not add it to your main power-grid, however, you can use this mode to make it happen.

Having an issue with this crashing my instance. Well it doesn't hard crash but gets stuck in "waiting for server". Modpack is Modern Skyblock 3. Extreme Reactors: 4.5.48  Opencomputers: 1.7.2.67. I got the program installed and tried to run rc brgc_reactor start when it happened. The program never got to start up even. No  errors or anything on the opencomputers screen before everything stopped responding.

through experimentation the last few days I have found that when you make changes to your system ie. change the coil size of a turbine or the dimension or makeup of your reactor it's best to break and replace all computer ports so the open computer can "recalibrate" the system. I added a turbine, I also increased the reactor by 2 blocks in height and the turbines never got up to speed and the control rods of the reactor were all over the place until I broke and replaced all ports thus giving them new "IP" addresses which in turn forced the computer to recalibrate :). Hope this helps someone :) 

On 11/04/2018 at 10:50 AM, ZeroNoRyouki said:

@Will135: thank you!

@Draaven: could you send me a log of the crash using a nopaste service please? Are you in single player too?

Sorry for the delay.  Here's a link to my log yesterday when the server went into TPS 0 mode and wouldn't respond to anything.

I had gone back to the original FTB Revelation 1.8.0 version of Extreme Reactors to stop the server crashing, but yesterday I tried the latest version of that and it's dependancy zerocore.  Server ran fine for about an hour then just stopped resonding as you can see from the logs.  The initial crash at the start of the log is me trying BRGC again on the older Extreme Reactors mod.   As you can see from the end of the log, the newest ER mod stops the user from logging in, you have to force exit the server to close it down, it doesn't respond to any commands.  There is no crash log generated.  This is multiplayer.

2018-04-23-2.log

18 hours ago, John T. said:

through experimentation the last few days I have found that when you make changes to your system ie. change the coil size of a turbine or the dimension or makeup of your reactor it's best to break and replace all computer ports so the open computer can "recalibrate" the system. I added a turbine, I also increased the reactor by 2 blocks in height and the turbines never got up to speed and the control rods of the reactor were all over the place until I broke and replaced all ports thus giving them new "IP" addresses which in turn forced the computer to recalibrate :). Hope this helps someone :) 

Or you can just remove /etc/br_control.cfg

Or you can use brgcctrl;)

But yes you are right, if you make changes to the system you have to somehow recalibrate it.

10 hours ago, XyFreak said:

Or you can just remove /etc/br_control.cfg

Or you can use brgcctrl;)

But yes you are right, if you make changes to the system you have to somehow recalibrate it.

ok so when you say brgcctrl is that what you type in after exiting the gui. please forgive I'm a complete noob at all this and I'm just trying to learn :)