• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

@payonel I figured I can do that after seeing your commit. I'm debating whether I actually want to include hacks affecting _G in BRGC tho..... maybe I will just to avoid this issue coming up more and more.... tough call ^^

thanks tho :)

EDIT: It's done, I put it in my "promise" library (where uuid is used)

I'll make it official now.

Big Reactors Grid Control Version 4.3.1 has been released!

Changelog:

- Now using the new ER API (0.4.5.48 and higher). Old API is still supported.
 - Implemented further mitigations for the "too long without yielding" issues.
 - Included a hack/workaround for a bug with OpenOS 1.7.1 (and earlier) and Lua 5.3 mode.
 - Fixed a bug where attempting to format a number as an integer (illegal in Lua 5.3 mode).

I'm sorry for abusing some of you as beta testers ;)

1 hour ago, XyFreak said:

Changelog:

- Included a hack/workaround for a bug with OpenOS 1.7.1 (and earlier) and Lua 5.3 mode.
 - Fixed a bug where attempting to format a number as an integer (illegal in Lua 5.3 mode).

So do I still report to openos or just update brgc lol

Just update lol, as you can see the issue will be fixed in the next OpenComputers dev build so no need to report it anymore. The BRGC update includes a hack that makes it work for now.

EDIT: Alternatively you could change your CPUs mode to Lua 5.2 but .... I fear I have more 5.3 related bugs in my code due to behaviour changes (like the format one) so... the more ppl use 5.3 here the more of those bugs are found so that's a plus.

13 hours ago, XyFreak said:

Changelog:

Nice! :)

Currently there are no plans to do that. Fun fact: the installer already downloads packets but it doesn't actually act as packet manager.

The whole thing originally emerged from my "xypm" which was able to get packets from the internet tunneling everything over OC network and allowing computers without internet cards to ... install packets (as long as there is a computer on said network with an internet card). My plan is to revive that but...heh.. dunno when.

Hi, 

I'm having issues with the Grid component when using Draconic Evolution.  If I have an opencomputers adapter connected to the top of a Draconic Energy Pylon, then the server crashes after it's finished calibrating the turbines/reactor, with the following error:

Description: Exception ticking world

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source)

at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)

at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerChunkMap.func_72693_b(SourceFile:114)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:227)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:754)

at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:396)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:666)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:524)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

After a lot of tracking down and disabled different parts of the setup, it seems to be to with the adapter connected to the energy pylon.  Server runs find if I disconnect that from the setup.  I presume I'm right in connecting the adapter to the pylon, or is it a different part of the Energy Core setup that I should be connecting to?  I do have a Flux Networks power storage unit I could try connecting the adapter to, to monitor power storage etc, if that's compatible?  But I'd rather stick to the draconic core if possible.

I'm running an FTB Revelation 1.8.0 server, with the latest BRGC code from this week installed.

Full crash report attached.

Any help appreciated.

Edit: Well the server just crashed after 12 hours even with the pylon disconnected, so I've shutdown the BRGC for now.  For info, I have a tier 2 Energy Core, 3x turbines and 1x reactor.

Crash Report.txt

@Draaven that issue is actually related to the old version of the ER API, you will have to upgrade ER (to 0.4.5.48 or higher) in order to fix this issue if you want to computer control ER stuff. Personally I only managed to reproduce this issue with turbines but I guess it can happen with pretty much anything.

@XyFreak thank you, I'll get that updated on our server and give it a go.  I did a little more experimenting this evening whilst no-one else was on our server and I could keep the server up and running with 2 turbines on the go, but as soon as a third was added in the server crashed after a short while.  I had downgraded my Draconic Energy Store since I couldn't remember it crashing on the tier 1, but it did crash with the 3 turbines, so I'm guessing it is the turbines like you say.  Love your BRGC program so really want to get it working on our server :_)

is there any chance you would add support for rftools power, ive tried it and it works partly until you reach about 2grf and then it doesnt register any more and also how do u connect the capacitor banks, in ur webpage it says u need computronics but doesnt explain further

@Will135 you're most likely seeing a limitation to what the API can handle for rftools. I'll look into it but it's extremely likely, that I can't fix it. For the capacitor bank you literally just need that mod installed. Afterwards just use an OC adapter as you did with rftools.

@XyFreak It's likely because RFTools Power uses a new API in McJtyLib that uses Longs for power. I'm going to write a quick and dirty driver for said API so that this can work with it.

EDIT: Unfortunately OC seems to be capping returned values to the maximum value of a 32 bit integer. Although Vex said that it internally uses doubles, so it should work. Not sure why it doesn't. I'm going to try casting it to a double and see what happens.

EDIT2: I GOT IT TO WORK!!! Uploading to CurseForge now!