• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Big Reactors Grid Control

It's official then:

Big Reactors Grid Control Version 4.2.1 has been released!

Changelogs:

- Fixed an issue where the grid controller would not shut down turbines/reactors when the attached energy storage is full.
 - Fixed an issue where brgcctrl would crash when attempting to recalibrate turbines.
 - Removed "optimize" from brgcctrl as this no longer serves any purpose.

In order to upgrade from 4.2 just run the installer again and you're good!

Oh... actually... hold press. After I ran a quarry for a while (which required the turbines to run) - when the storage got all charged up again, the Turbine didn't Suspend and it's now back in its Fast Spindown or Spindown generation states as before :( (even though the Grid is in Decreasing Charge state) https://www.dropbox.com/s/s107ahbi1zxrxwf/2017-05-22_20.04.04.png?dl=0

After the natural charging, the Demand value is still following the Generation Rate value (seems to be the case when Generation Rate >= Demand Value?).

Now after a while, the Generation Rate has fallen below the storage's actual Demand and the Demand value is correct (and higher than the Generation Rate). The Turbine has started spinning up again even though the 20% threshold hasn't been hit on the way back down yet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/76nj8z7uim2sjg2/2017-05-22_20.08.37.png?dl=0

I'm not sure if this is all good or not? I expected the Turbine to Suspend immediately after the natural demand charging operation (like it did previously with the manual Charge button operation), but it seems to not do that here and seems to waste a bit of RF/t when there's not enough room in the storage to take it (95% had been hit).

EDIT: You can hop on the server if you like - Direwolf20 1.10 (pack version 1.9.1).

Hi,

I can't get the grid to work. I connected a 4x4x3 enderio vibrant cap bank up with an adapter, cable and put a tier 1 data card in the computer. But all I get is 0.000 RF / 0.000 RF (-1.#J% ). What am I doing wrong here?

ps. Consider me a complete noob on OpenComputers ;) Oh and I love the rest of the program. Really easy. Just need to figure out how to supply my reactor with enough water.

1 hour ago, GabrielLamento said:

Hi,

I can't get the grid to work. I connected a 4x4x3 enderio vibrant cap bank up with an adapter, cable and put a tier 1 data card in the computer. But all I get is 0.000 RF / 0.000 RF (-1.#J% ). What am I doing wrong here?

ps. Consider me a complete noob on OpenComputers ;) Oh and I love the rest of the program. Really easy. Just need to figure out how to supply my reactor with enough water.

This sounds like you don't have the mod "Computronics" installed. Unfortunately EnderIO does not have OpenComputers integration out-of-the-box. I'm going to clarify that in the description in a sec.

The only mod I know of where the energy storage has OpenComputers integration is Draconic Evolution: The Draconic Energy Storage works as intended without any extra mods.

20 hours ago, Didz said:

Oh... actually... hold press. After I ran a quarry for a while (which required the turbines to run) - when the storage got all charged up again, the Turbine didn't Suspend and it's now back in its Fast Spindown or Spindown generation states as before :( (even though the Grid is in Decreasing Charge state) https://www.dropbox.com/s/s107ahbi1zxrxwf/2017-05-22_20.04.04.png?dl=0

After the natural charging, the Demand value is still following the Generation Rate value (seems to be the case when Generation Rate >= Demand Value?).

Now after a while, the Generation Rate has fallen below the storage's actual Demand and the Demand value is correct (and higher than the Generation Rate). The Turbine has started spinning up again even though the 20% threshold hasn't been hit on the way back down yet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/76nj8z7uim2sjg2/2017-05-22_20.08.37.png?dl=0

I'm not sure if this is all good or not? I expected the Turbine to Suspend immediately after the natural demand charging operation (like it did previously with the manual Charge button operation), but it seems to not do that here and seems to waste a bit of RF/t when there's not enough room in the storage to take it (95% had been hit).

EDIT: You can hop on the server if you like - Direwolf20 1.10 (pack version 1.9.1).

I'll take you up on that offer. Please pm the the login credentials server address and I'll be there in a blink of an eye.

That fixed it! Awesome. But now my next issue. Does the controller change the steam input to the turbines at some point? Mine always asks the 25mB per blade amount. With some setups it overspinns during just after kickoff and other times it reaches 1750 but then the coils engage and the rpms drop. With just a bit more steam it would work...

See screenshots for my designs. The reactor is a 7x7x5 with 4 rods in the middle (like an X). middle column is cryo and so is the rest. Turbine 1 (the fast one) is 5x5x8 with one enderium coil and 20 blades. Turbine 2 is 7x7x11 with 2*8 enderium coils and 32 blades. Steam goes through the enderio tesseract thingys.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0-IEW7Ie26dV3RvOG1SMnpfT3c/view?usp=sharing

15 hours ago, GabrielLamento said:

That fixed it! Awesome. But now my next issue. Does the controller change the steam input to the turbines at some point? Mine always asks the 25mB per blade amount. With some setups it overspinns during just after kickoff and other times it reaches 1750 but then the coils engage and the rpms drop. With just a bit more steam it would work...

See screenshots for my designs. The reactor is a 7x7x5 with 4 rods in the middle (like an X). middle column is cryo and so is the rest. Turbine 1 (the fast one) is 5x5x8 with one enderium coil and 20 blades. Turbine 2 is 7x7x11 with 2*8 enderium coils and 32 blades. Steam goes through the enderio tesseract thingys.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0-IEW7Ie26dV3RvOG1SMnpfT3c/view?usp=sharing

The controller CAN change the steam input to the turbines but with the grid controller running properly, this should never happen. As such, the turbines should always run with 25mB * #blades steam per tick. The controller expects you to build a well balanced turbine. If your turbine doesn't get fast enough with the amount of steam provided then there's nothing I can do (Please correct me if I misunderstood you). Anyways - The 1750 RPM during calibration is hardcoded. If rpm drops a bit then that's to be expected: It's a value I arbitrarily chose so very efficient turbines calibrate more quickly. The 1666RPM is not perfect but still fine if you ask me (the bar is still green after all ;) ).

There's also going to be another bugfix release today with the stuff I found while debugging @Didzs setup.

1 minute ago, MasonMac said:

Keep getting HTTP error while installing this

Can you provide more information please? It works perfectly fine on my end.

If you didn't do that already, please try to run the installer again after installing more ram. The installer is eating it atm ^^;.

Big Reactors Grid Control Version 4.2.2 has been released!

The version 4.2.1 was supposed to be....

Changelogs:

- Actually fixed "brgcctrl recalibrate"
 - Fixed an issue where the grid controller would fail to suspend turbines
 - Fixed an issue where the grid controller would ignore reactors/turbines being disabled and still use them
 - Fixed an issue where turbines always enter CALIBRATION state after KICKOFF
 - Fixed an issue where turbine calibration would finish too soon

@DemolitionDerby You can have the GUI run at startup by editing the /etc/profile file on the computer.

This is the bottom of the default file:

cd $HOME
clear
/etc/motd
source $HOME/.shrc -q

And here's how I've changed that to be now:

cd $HOME
brgc_gui
clear
source $HOME/.shrc -q

(A clear comes after the brgc_gui because the GUI doesn't seem to perform its own clearing when it exits)

Im not very indepth into codding or understanding how it works but currently i was running one reactor with one turbine with this program and it ran it at 1800 RPM generating around 27k Rf/t i started to need more power so i set up another turbine and connected it the same way ive reset and re ran the program/connections multiple times and it will only run both turbines at 900 RPM generating 13k Rf/t adding up to less than orignally ive set the steam target to 4000 but it wont change the target RPM and wont generate the steam that ive set it to (sorry for any grammar and hard times reading the msg not the best) thx for anyhelp my setup is on a server if that matters

21 hours ago, BrisingrAerowing said:

@XyFreak How about adding power storage support for RFTools Powercells? Those are the only power storage system available on 1.11 that I know of (there may be others).

RFTools does have built in computer support, so it shouldn't be all that difficult to add it in (famous last words there...).

Consider it done

On 26.5.2017 at 0:38 AM, DemolitionDerby said:

@Didz

I am not sure what you mean as I have not find a file in /etc/profile on the computer..

I just verified that I also have /etc/profile. What Version of OpenComputers are you on? 1.5? Have you been using 1.5 in the past and upgraded from 1.6 later? If so you might need to reinstall OpenOS on your computer.

36 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

I just verified that I also have /etc/profile. What Version of OpenComputers are you on? 1.5? Have you been using 1.5 in the past and upgraded from 1.6 later? If so you might need to reinstall OpenOS on your computer.

Thanks, I will try reinstalling and see if I do have the file.

For now I did something a little more brutal but working and I simply edited the init.lua file and added an "os.execute ("brgc_gui")" command just under the motd startup and it is working fine.

Thanks for the help :)

BrisingrAerowing I can say with certainty that Extreme Reactors is not capped at 2000mB per tick. 2000 B per tick maybe. Try checking the max throughput of your steam transport. Make sure you are supplying plenty of water to the reactor as well. 

How many turbines do you have connected? If you only have 1 it will try to make exactly 2000mB. 2 turbines will set a target of 4000mB, 3 : 6000, etc.