• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Welcome to OpenComputers

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Lizzy Trickster

Latest Stable OpenComputers Version   11/26/16

The latest released version of OpenComputers is version 1.6.1 for MC 1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9.4 & 1.10.2. See more information here! Beta/Dev builds can be found at the Jenkins Build Server (ci.cil.li)
GreaseMonkey

[MC 1.9][OC 1.6] OCMIPS - MIPS-I for OpenComputers

4 posts in this topic

OCMIPS is a mod for OpenComputers which adds a MIPS-I architecture core.

- The CPU itself is mostly complete.

- It's sorely lacking in software, although Lua 5.3.2 runs (or at least used to).

- It's got an ELF bootloader EEPROM.

- I used to be able to boot Lua off a T1 (192KB) stick of RAM when run atop Mocha + libgreen, but I accidentally broke stuff so I still need to fix that.

- The component API currently sucks. Here's a proposal that should help make it suck less for some components.

OCMIPS source: https://github.com/iamgreaser/ocmips

If you want binaries, lurk on #oc and I spit them out from time to time, although this old one might work (link is for a 1.7.10 version; github should have 1.9 stuff).

For building a cross compiler, I use binutils + gcc + newlib.

Feed "--target=mipsel-none-elf" into the configure scripts.

When building gcc, use "make all-gcc" and "sudo make install-gcc" for the first stage, build newlib, and then continue with "make all" and "sudo make install".

"--enable-languages=c,c++" should work fine. Fortran support needs to be whacked with a hammer initially so you may want to skip that unless you really need it. Other langs not tested.

Latest screenshot:

oR6dzVE.png

Cache works!

Mod Edit:

Pinned :)

~ Liz

Would you be willing/able to provide either a copy of the kernel source tree that's been patched, or a binary image of that kernel? Seeing something like this working with OpenComputers is rekindling my interest in using the mod for more than something to build/something to just run a bigreactors control program on.