• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Draconic Control - Get everything out of your draconic reactor

Well connection failure means that components.proxy failed to create a proxy object to the reactor. This is usually because the reactor address is wrong. Now... appearently it's not? Could you please do a quick "components" command? The reactor should show up there.

5 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

Well connection failure means that components.proxy failed to create a proxy object to the reactor. This is usually because the reactor address is wrong. Now... appearently it's not? Could you please do a quick "components" command? The reactor should show up there.

Okay so all the address is wrong, but because the address shown on the adaptors aren't the same as those after the components command.

27 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

All fixed now, Next question. Is there a way of having individual computers connected to each reactor, but having a server in the overworld that i can have the GUIs on to see their status. I have 4 reactors in ME spatial pylon worlds so the goBoom() doesn't affect anything except the reactor, however, it's kind of annoying going to each world to check the computer craft program i'm currently using on them. If i could have the computer that control the reactor with the reactor and just have the GUI sent to a server or another computer that outputs it to a screen, that would be really helpful and really cool.

Also, is the containment field strength supposed to be very low using default settings?

And this last question may be pushing it a little... Big reactor integration. Is there a way of having the draconic reactor into shown with the same display as the big reactors, keeping the control on individual computers for each DR but just having all the info on the same compact screen as big reactors. I currently have 12 turbines, 2 big reactors and the 4 draconic reactors and it would be nice to see them all on one screen. If not, maybe a similar design to the big reactors screen which just shows the info from multiple DR reactors, again leaving the control to individual computers to avoid any problems. 

That is what i originally intended to do but never got around it (the GUI part). As for the server displaying stuff: This is not going to happen unless i rework my networking stack first.

You see, I wrote a networking stack that allowed computers to discover services and route packets (i.e. to linked cards), which allowed my tablet to access my whole OC network. Unfortunately I need to rework some parts of it for OC 1.6 (i think it was? yes its old(er)). IF I ever make the reactor control programs network aware, I'd be using this stack.

The reason is simple: Service Auto Discovery.

Draconic Control aside, BRGC is intended to be a "install, run, you're good" solution. The network gui should behave the same.

So yeah. Sorry.

As for the containment field strength: It should be sitting around 20% with default settings, which is not low by any means. Going higher would mean MUCH more energy consumption as it does not scale linearly.

1 minute ago, XyFreak said:

That is what i originally intended to do but never got around it (the GUI part). As for the server displaying stuff: This is not going to happen unless i rework my networking stack first.

You see, I wrote a networking stack that allowed computers to discover services and route packets (i.e. to linked cards), which allowed my tablet to access my whole OC network. Unfortunately I need to rework some parts of it for OC 1.6 (i think it was? yes its old(er)). IF I ever make the reactor control programs network aware, I'd be using this stack.

Draconic Control aside, BRGC is intended to be a "install, run, you're good" solution. The network gui should behave the same.

So yeah. Sorry.

As for the containment field strength: It should be sitting around 20% with default settings, which is not low by any means. Going higher would mean MUCH more energy consumption as it does not scale linearly.

Yeah figured it would be a bit much to ask, i'll keep checking back tho just in case you do add it ;) reactor and program are all sorted tho, everything's working just fine :D

4 hours ago, XyFreak said:

So yeah. Sorry.

But just to make sure no easy way I can make the draconic gui show on a remote computer?

No easy way, sorry.

There is a hard way of course, which includes writing your own provider service and modifying the gui to get its data from this service via OC network messages ;).

Damn :/. Could you not just have the program grab all the info, send it as a string over a set port and have a receiver using the built in modem functions?

Don't worry about it.

The main issue with the whole networking thing is to get it done properly. A quick and dirty hack is always easy but that kind of code isn't really what I'm aiming for.

If you want to try to do these modifications, here is how you do it the hacky way:

• Make the actual controller serialize and send its reactor info object over to a computer that is to draw the gui.
  • Modify the gui so that it no longer starts the controller locally.
  • Have the gui instantiate a controller object. You will be feeding it data in a bit. Do it like this:
  • local draconic_control = require("draconic_control")
    local instance = draconic_control()
  • Overwrite the "isConnected" function with a function that always returns true.
  • Write a listener that deserializes and stores the data it receives from the remote controller. You want to store this table in "instance.reactorInfoLast" where "instance" is your "fake controller".
  • Remove line 313 of the gui and feed your "fake controller" object into the DraconicControllerGUI constructor instead of "controller" (line 319)
  • Make sure the settings for the reactor are synced. The health display may freak out otherwise.

This should do what you want but... yeah... it's incredibly hacky.

Don't worry about it.

The main issue with the whole networking thing is to get it done properly. A quick and dirty hack is always easy but that kind of code isn't really what I'm aiming for.

If you want to try to do these modifications, here is how you do it the hacky way:

• Make the actual controller serialize and send its reactor info object over to a computer that is to draw the gui.
  • Modify the gui so that it no longer starts the controller locally.
  • Have the gui instantiate a controller object. You will be feeding it data in a bit. Do it like this:
  • 
    local draconic_control = require("draconic_control")
    local instance = draconic_control()
  • Overwrite the "isConnected" function with a function that always returns true.
  • Write a listener that deserializes and stores the data it receives from the remote controller. You want to store this table in "instance.reactorInfoLast" where "instance" is your "fake controller".
  • Remove line 313 of the gui and feed your "fake controller" object into the DraconicControllerGUI constructor instead of "controller" (line 319)
  • Make sure the settings for the reactor are synced. The health display may freak out otherwise.

This should do what you want but... yeah... it's incredibly hacky.

I understand like a quarter of that, i might mess with it but sounds complex :wacko:

xD good luck. If you have any questions just send me a pm. I can't promise I'll be able to help you but I'll try.

Start off by serializing and sending the data from the controller. OC has a serialization library so you just need to call it. As soon as you got that part right, you shouldn't accidentally blow up your reactor :P.

2 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

xD good luck. If you have any questions just send me a pm. I can't promise I'll be able to help you but I'll try.

Start off by serializing and sending the data from the controller. OC has a serialization library so you just need to call it. As soon as you got that part right, you shouldn't accidentally blow up your reactor :P.

Okay i'll set up a test world thing later and give it a go.

44 minutes ago, steel720 said:

i cant get the program to work on my reactor i have done the commant in the computer that is on the web and all the addresses should be right and i wont kick in 

What exactly isn't working? Is the program starting? Have you checked the gui for any info? 

the problem is that i can start the program but i never get the gui on the screens and the program never kicks in when i ativate the reactor. i got the program to work one time but then the reactor blew in my old base so want to make it work this time

Edited by steel720
5 hours ago, steel720 said:

the problem is that i can start the program but i never get the gui on the screens and the program never kicks in when i ativate the reactor. i got the program to work one time but then the reactor blew in my old base so want to make it work this time

i got the reactor to work and all now but it keeps say warning all the time when i have it on but everything is stable and a edit i was going to make the same program again on another reactor bec i have 2 and the first one the program is working and i did the exakt samething on the other one and that one dosent any help ? 

1 hour ago, steel720 said:

i got the reactor to work and all now but it keeps say warning all the time when i have it on but everything is stable and a edit i was going to make the same program again on another reactor bec i have 2 and the first one the program is working and i did the exakt samething on the other one and that one dosent any help ? 

Make sure the reactor is set up correctly and has plenty of fuel. Also make sure that enough power is available for the energy injector. Also if the reactors are near eachother, i believe you can use the same controller on both, you'll have to ask @XyFreak about that though since I haven't played with it yet.

Edit: make sure you have the right version of the program and mod so it all works together. If that ends up being the problem you could always clone your working drive onto the new one and change the draconic_control.cfg afterwards. I found a good drive cloning program here: 

1 minute ago, corbanj6534 said:

Make sure the reactor is set up correctly and has plenty of fuel. Also make sure that enough power is available for the energy injector. Also if the reactors are near eachother, i believe you can use the same controller on both, you'll have to ask @XyFreak about that though since I haven't played with it yet.

yea i dident want to test to use on computer on both if it dident work but the problem i have now is that i dont get my other computer to start the gui and i have done all the same stuff as the other only changed the address

1 minute ago, steel720 said:

yea i dident want to test to use on computer on both if it dident work but the problem i have now is that i dont get my other computer to start the gui and i have done all the same stuff as the other only changed the address

It could be that the mod and the program are incompatible versions, if you're on 1.7.10 make sure you got the program from https://tenyx.de/draconic_control/1.7.10/dc_installer.lua as the 1.10 version is different. Also double and triple check the address' in the config just in case.

Just now, corbanj6534 said:

It could be that the mod and the program are incompatible versions, if you're on 1.7.10 make sure you got the program from https://tenyx.de/draconic_control/1.7.10/dc_installer.lua as the 1.10 version is different. Also double and triple check the address' in the config just in case.

i am on 1.10 so it should be fine on that part and yea i can check the address again bec drainback is the input right ? and output is output or i am wrong ?

Just now, steel720 said:

i am on 1.10 so it should be fine on that part and yea i can check the address again bec drainback is the input right ? and output is output or i am wrong ?

Drainback is what goes into the energy injector, Output is what comes from the stabilizer, if you have the output from the stabilizer going straight to the injector, try powering the injector in case it's not receiving enough power.

Just now, corbanj6534 said:

Drainback is what goes into the energy injector, Output is what comes from the stabilizer, if you have the output from the stabilizer going straight to the injector, try powering the injector in case it's not receiving enough power.

no i have the power seperate from my tier 8 storage so its geting good power