• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Welcome to OpenComputers

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Lizzy Trickster

Latest Stable OpenComputers Version   11/26/16

The latest released version of OpenComputers is version 1.6.1 for MC 1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9.4 & 1.10.2. See more information here! Beta/Dev builds can be found at the Jenkins Build Server (ci.cil.li)
XyFreak

Draconic Control - Get everything out of your draconic reactor

156 posts in this topic

I am not sure if I am just stupid or what, but I cannot figure out how to create the .cfg file for the computer. I have read and re read your instructions on the website about 50 times, and ive tried typing /etc/draconic_control.cfg into the console and it does nothing. I have everything setup perfectly, and I just wanna get this going. Could someone please help me?

Edit: okay, I got the .cfg file create page open, but now it keeps erroring on me. and I don't know whats up. Here are some screenshots.

2017-06-14_03.11.17.png

2017-06-14_03.12.54.png

Edited by Flux_Adept
Resolved my first issue just to have another issue come up.

7 hours ago, Flux_Adept said:

I am not sure if I am just stupid or what, but I cannot figure out how to create the .cfg file for the computer. I have read and re read your instructions on the website about 50 times, and ive tried typing /etc/draconic_control.cfg into the console and it does nothing. I have everything setup perfectly, and I just wanna get this going. Could someone please help me?

Edit: okay, I got the .cfg file create page open, but now it keeps erroring on me. and I don't know whats up. Here are some screenshots.

Hi,

first of all, you're missing a comma in the first line. I also recommend you to use the same linebreak-/indentation-style as I'm using on the website (it helps a lot in case you're planning on tweaking a bit).

Then in the second screenshot you're trying to execute the configuration file as a program. I'm pretty sure you know what's wrong with that :P

In case you don't, let me quote the guide: 

You can now start the controller with draconic_control start or rc draconic_control start and you're ready to go.

You should be ready to go afterwards.

I got the program up and running, but as soon as I put in the awakened draconium into the reactor and hit warm up, the computer flashes danger, and I let it "warm up" over night and came back and nothing had changed whatsoever. I don't know whats wrong. I set everything up perfectly. :(

14 hours ago, Flux_Adept said:

I got the program up and running, but as soon as I put in the awakened draconium into the reactor and hit warm up, the computer flashes danger, and I let it "warm up" over night and came back and nothing had changed whatsoever. I don't know whats wrong. I set everything up perfectly. :(

Don't worry about that. It's...uh....normal ^^;

Nothing can go wrong during warm up anyways.

EDIT: Do you mean the reactor hasn't properly warmed up? Check your flux gates. The one on the injector should show 1000000RF/t. If it doesn't but the one on the stabilizer does, you've mixed up the gate addresses. Also re-check the gates orientation if the flow looks fine.

Both Flux gates show everything correctly. the orientation is fine. it just doesn't warm up. I literally started it, it went into warm up mode. I left it overnight and came back and it was still in warm up mode without the ability to actually start it.

24 minutes ago, Flux_Adept said:

Both Flux gates show everything correctly. the orientation is fine. it just doesn't warm up. I literally started it, it went into warm up mode. I left it overnight and came back and it was still in warm up mode without the ability to actually start it.

In this case you don't have any energy stored to actually warm it up OR something is wrong with your power lines and your reactor doesn't get any.