• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
XyFreak

Draconic Control - Get everything out of your draconic reactor

2 minutes ago, steel720 said:

no i have the power seperate from my tier 8 storage so its geting good power 

In that case I'm not too sure other than checking the address'. You could try and reinstall the program, make sure you wipe the drive first so that it's a fresh install, and also make sure the computer is powerful enough. And if that fails, it's up to @XyFreak i'm afraid.

9 minutes ago, corbanj6534 said:

In that case I'm not too sure other than checking the address'. You could try and reinstall the program, make sure you wipe the drive first so that it's a fresh install, and also make sure the computer is powerful enough. And if that fails, it's up to @XyFreak i'm afraid.

hm now i have a problem with my other computer that did work now it say it have connection error and the program wont control the reactor

Hey guys,

my email inbox told me that something is going on here :P

First of all, you CAN use the same controller for multiple reactors. No problems there. However the GUI will only show the first reactor because I never implemented that.

I've heared that in some cases, the adapter addresses may change and the analyzer will read out the wrong addresses. Please compare the addresses of the adapters to the output of the "components" command. If they're indeed different, this is the second time I've heared of this.

Also if you are on a server, make sure the computers stay turned on after a server restart. On our server they just shut down. See: https://github.com/MightyPirates/OpenComputers/issues/2185 - exact same issue. Double check it or else you'll be in for a suprise....like me :/.

8 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

Hey guys,

my email inbox told me that something is going on here :P

First of all, you CAN use the same controller for multiple reactors. No problems there. However the GUI will only show the first reactor because I never implemented that.

I've heared that in some cases, the adapter addresses may change and the analyzer will read out the wrong addresses. Please compare the addresses of the adapters to the output of the "components" command. If they're indeed different, this is the second time I've heared of this.

Also if you are on a server, make sure the computers stay turned on after a server restart. On our server they just shut down. See: https://github.com/MightyPirates/OpenComputers/issues/2185 - exact same issue. Double check it or else you'll be in for a suprise....like me :/.

yea i have checked the address and they are fine but i have 2 computer for 2 reactors and one of them are working fine but the other computer wont accept my addresses or it say that i have not configured it but i have

Warning: Stupid questions ahead!

• This is what you're getting?
Draconic Control has not been configured yet.
Please make sure everything is set up correctly and start this program again.
  • Your config file is located at "/etc/draconic_control.cfg"?
  • What does "draconic_control start" say?
  • What does "draconic_control runOnce" say?
6 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

Warning: Stupid questions ahead!

• This is what you're getting?

Draconic Control has not been configured yet.
Please make sure everything is set up correctly and start this program again.
  • Your config file is located at "/etc/draconic_control.cfg"?
  • What does "draconic_control start" say?
  • What does "draconic_control runOnce" say?

nvm i had the program in the wrong place so thx about that now why is it saying warning on the display when everything is running good ?

You are propably running a draconic evolution version prior to 2.0.10.194. These versions have a bug in the reactor logic which causes higher than intended load on your containment. The warning you see flashes becaues your containment load is higher or equal to 25% of your reactors total output. Usually this only happens if something is wrong but because the logic is flawed, this is "normal" in your version. I hate to say this but you can propably ignore this warning for the first few minutes.

2 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

It should be gone after a few minutes. If it comes back it'll indicate something that actually requires your attention. The GUI displays the reactors generation rate as well as the input rate so you can verify that for yourself.

yea atm they are slowly generating more rf/t 

Btw - if you plan on building multiple of these (you already have two?) you may REALLY want to think about using more aggressive presets to get more rf/t ;)

Now that everything seems to be working i recommend the presets I use (they're on the website) with burnRFt=0 for fuel efficiency or with the 2000000 one for max power gen.

5 minutes ago, XyFreak said:

Btw - if you plan on building multiple of these (you already have two?) you may REALLY want to think about using more aggressive presets to get more rf/t ;)

Now that everything seems to be working i recommend the presets I use (they're on the website) with burnRFt=0 for fuel efficiency or with the 2000000 one for max power gen.

ah i can test it on one of the reactors

the containment field is really low in % when you have the higer setings