• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Koolguy007

[Request] Programmable Logic Controller

Given how minecraft has turned into a factory simulator, I'm surprised this isn't already a thing. I mean PLCs are how most factories are automated, and in my current modpack I have disabled all item pipes, so everything is minecarts. I'm currently flooded in scripts for controlling the sorting, routing, and general movement of minecarts and items. Most of my scripts are just a bunch of simple if then statements, and I feel like a PLC would be better suited. Sorry if my word flow seems chaotic, I'm tired and just wanted to make this request before I forget. Thanks for OpenComputers btw, It's amazing.

If nothing else, it could just be a new architecture for OpenComputers. Without a way to program easily on my phone, I don't have time to undertake such a project hence the request. I just love the way OpenComputers is implemented, and I would love to see how a PLC would turn out from this team. I'm a bit biased since I work around them all day in a factory, and it may be more suited for another mod, but I figured if this idea had a chance of taking off it would be on this forum.

Just look up plc. Its not just a visual representation of a program. There are no loops or variables in the typical programming sense. It simulates having relays interconnecting with each other and the outside world in realtime, but it also has function blocks that can be activated in the ladder. It's hard for me to explain. Its just a request, if no one wants it then don't bother with it.