• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Welcome to OpenComputers

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Lizzy Trickster

Latest Stable OpenComputers Version   11/26/16

The latest released version of OpenComputers is version 1.6.1 for MC 1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9.4 & 1.10.2. See more information here! Beta/Dev builds can be found at the Jenkins Build Server (ci.cil.li)
Tag365

filesystem
ServerFS - Host a filesystem over the network.

26 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:45 PM, danman1354 said:

Every time I write a file to the host i have to reset it before any computer on the network can see it in the srv directory, including the pc that wrote it.

Evewn when I get it to show up when I ls, if i open (edit) it, the file is always blank.

Then if i save the file (test.txt), when i open and ls the srv directory on another pc, it will show test.txt and test.txt~, both being empty.
What am I doing wrong?

For anyone that says that the files you create from the client are blank, this issue is caused by a change of the filesystem handling in an update to the OpenComputer mod, where file handles are not numbers anymore. I already made an updated version which is compatible with the updated file handles and fixes the problem by using numbers for file handle identification. The updated version to fix the issue has now been published. Update the script on the Host, then test to see if that fixed your issue. If not then report the issue you are having.