• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Tag365

ServerFS - Host a filesystem over the network.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:45 PM, danman1354 said:

Every time I write a file to the host i have to reset it before any computer on the network can see it in the srv directory, including the pc that wrote it.

Evewn when I get it to show up when I ls, if i open (edit) it, the file is always blank.

Then if i save the file (test.txt), when i open and ls the srv directory on another pc, it will show test.txt and test.txt~, both being empty.
What am I doing wrong?

For anyone that says that the files you create from the client are blank, this issue is caused by a change of the filesystem handling in an update to the OpenComputer mod, where file handles are not numbers anymore. I already made an updated version which is compatible with the updated file handles and fixes the problem by using numbers for file handle identification. The updated version to fix the issue has now been published. Update the script on the Host, then test to see if that fixed your issue. If not then report the issue you are having.

I fixed the ServerFS host script to actually use the tunnel component if available (not sure if I already added this feature). This means you can now connect a far away computer to the Host and access the ServerFS from anywhere. You should now update the host ServerFS autorun script to add the tunnel functionality.