• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
DevonTheNovice

unet: yet another oc networking attempt [idea][WIP]

Yes, I know that many people have made networking systems, and I know that some of them do routing too. But I want to present a new contender to the table

Unet!

Unet will be an advanced networking system that will be heavily documented, routed using many different methods, and even support many transport mediums such as modems (of course), redstone eventually, linked cards, abstract busses, you think of it, it could probably be added to Unet!

The way I'll achive this us by using routing devices set up in an extended star, as well as emulating the actual API, meaning that Unet will be universal, any number of any type of transmission medium will act the same on the program side. I'm still working on the system as a whole, but anyone interested in either the idea, or even helping me program this is more them welcome to message me or reply.

Currently looking for input on headers, if you wish to have a special header for something you need, Now's your chance!

Take a look here to review the current state or headers, then Pull Request your adjustment/new header to see the change made/added

https://github.com/DevonTheNovice/unet/wiki/Headers

I've finally created a github repo for this! find the code here and make fun of me for it at: https://github.com/DevonTheNovice/unet