• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Koolguy007

Problem with hitting component cap with Reika's mods.

Question

I seem to have run into an issue with using OpenComputers to control machines from Reika's mods. The issue is that when I connect a computer to any of his machines, any other machines connected to the one I connected to show up as components. Is there anyway to ignore the other components because it currently means that I have to keep all rotarycraft constructions simple.

3 answers to this question

The problem is that Reika makes all his blocks act like cables, thus even if you're directly connected to a machine using an adapter, the machine is still acting as a cable and connecting itself an any other Reika-block that it's touching (recursively) to the computer. If I remember correctly the issue has been reported to Reika before though he discarded it saying "it's not my problem"

In a way he's trying to make it easier for people to connect to all the things in one of their sets of items, which makes a lot of sense.

The real issue is there needs to be a way to code into a bios which components to select during boot, and then you're still bound by the component limit, but you can choose to ignore the ones you don't want so you can actually run...that would be super!