• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
_Ron

CCTV anyone?

Heyya. This is something I've been thinking about for a long time - CCTV cameras!

So, obviously this would be a bit tough, so I'm thinking that the camera wouldn't automatically send the image to a screen, but instead it would be able to get an image of what it sees. Now, I think that the player should be able to program this CCTV camera, and the basic function that all CCTVs have would be something like CaptureImage(). Then, it would return an array, containing the info for each 'pixel' it captured (CCTV cameras would obviously capture in a much smaller resolution than the actual resolution). This array could contain numbers that equal different colors (1 = black, 2 = white, 3 = red, etc etc), or at least the closest color that represents the color it actually sees. Maybe you could have different tiers of CCTV cameras too (T1 only has black and white, and can't rotate the camera bit, T2 can capture the basic colors that a T2 screen has, and can rotate slowly, and T3 can capture all of the colors that a T3 screen has, and can rotate rather fast), to follow the kind of 'progression' that computers themselves have. You could also have a function that allows you to rotate the CCTV camera (the camera bit, not the base piece that connects to the wall) in a specified direction. Of course, the T1 camera won't rotate, and the T2 camera rotates slowly, but hey, this would be pretty cool!

Anyone have any thoughts?

I think it'd be more realistic to use a similar method to the way GPUs are bound to screens in OC. Basically, bind a CCTV to a monitor, and whatever it's seeing, it pushes to that monitor.

As for practicality, this could be possible with XCompWiz's new Looking Glass API. But he hasn't released the source yet.