• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
TwoThe

Drones

techheart.jpg

That's my general summary.

They perfectly fill the gap between bulky and slow robots and... nothing, which makes them again a great idea and feature.

I do wish however that they would be able to at least break blocks breakable by hand, for example to have a farm run by drones. As long as they cannot use tools, robots would still be very relevant.

Micro-computers are as well a great addition for those tiny redstone setups where I can't be bothered to use complicated circuit setups (mostly because I am a much better programmer than circuit designer ;) ),

I think this mod needs a lot more attention, you seriously need a good PR manager!

Thanks! Allowing blocks that can be broken without tools to be harvested sounds like a sane rule of thumb. It's something I didn't give an excessive amount of thought yet, because to "properly" do this, I'll have to refactor quite a bit more, and will also want to adjust the API (to reuse all the Robot*Events for drones).

As for PR... yeah, well. Did you just volunteer? ;-) I do get the feeling that those attracted to the themes the mod has to offer sooner or later find their way to it, though.

As robots can currently do that farming job just fine there is no need to rush that, but it would be a cool thing to have.

As for PR... if I would do some research for a new server on whether to use ComputerCraft or OpenComputers, then OC would win by far. However most people don't do extensive research and just install what their friends are using. This leads to the problem of "critical mass" of users, so basically you need a certain amount of users to get more users. And that requires some convincing first, because as we know mass is lazy by default. ;)