• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Totoro

Hologram Editor

If this forum is not 100% dead I would like to ask a few questions.

1.Whenever I try to "show" the file it always says projector is not found so I think that I did not propely connect it, but I do not know how to "properly connect" it.

2.Whenever I try to print3d the models it always says: [string "return ?"]:1: unexpected symbol near char(255)

I have NO idea what /\ This /\ means

Hello Doggle.

On 01.04.2018 at 12:02 AM, Doggle said:

1.Whenever I try to "show" the file it always says projector is not found so I think that I did not propely connect it, but I do not know how to "properly connect" it.

The projector need to be connected to the computer (where the editor is running) with a cable.
The cable can be connected to the computer from any side, and to the projector only from the bottom side.
You can check a list of components available for the computer by entering an OpenOS command:

components

If the resulting output will contain any string with a word `hologram` in it - there you are.

On 01.04.2018 at 12:02 AM, Doggle said:

2.Whenever I try to print3d the models it always says: [string "return ?"]:1: unexpected symbol near char(255)

Unfortunately, this editor models are not compatible with the 3D printer.

To create 3D models for the printer with some comfort you can use some external voxel tools like this, and then convert a *.vox file to the printer compatible format, for example with this JS converter.

i've made another little change which adds a 2nd output file when saving the hologram. the format contains an table with subtables for each color with stroke instructions to use with the fill render method of the projector, for some usecases this is faster than setting the voxels one by one.

the rendering function is at line 352 and can be used pretty easy in other projects. the outputfile has ".raw" suffix

also this script uses the renderfunction, which can be changed in line 100

https://pastebin.com/6EJV1CbX

On 9/1/2018 at 7:34 AM, payonel said:

we saw a bug report I think was about this program: https://github.com/MightyPirates/OpenComputers/issues/2908

you should always include bit32 in your scripts, and not assume it is in _G: `local bit32 = require("bit32")`

I know it's a dump question but I am very noob and I don't know how to open the editor can you help me pls

Hello, i'm trying to create holograms with opencomputers and mineos. I'm new on this mod and i don't know much. I managed to have the MineOs program that allows to have a pc, but when i want to install hologram editor (right click, new, file from url), i can't run the file because there is no enough memory (but i have maxed the computer, i'm on creative). I never got the Holo editor program, help me please