• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Zen1th

Fuchas - The multi task OS

Fuchas
One of the best multitask OS

How Fuchas Works

Fuchas is a true multitask OS for OpenComputers. By true multitask, i mean it is based on a task manager. To do it simple, the task manager cycle through all the active processes. It also pulls signal with a timeout of 0.05 seconds! (Speed is best).
Fuchas is also modular and based on a driver system, the driver library will try automatically choosing the best driver, but it can be configured by user. Meaning programs can easily adapt to addons hardware (e.g. Computronics cards), however for now this aspect of Fuchas isn't really well used, a re-overhaul of it is planned soon.

If you don't understand all that just retain something: Unlike OpenOS, it can run tasks at same time.
(Technically it's not correct, since there is like a ~0.05s delay between tasks, due to Lua nature)

Interfaces

Fuchas, being modular, is about not fair to have 1 interface. That's why there can be multiple interfaces.

Currently only one is included: Fushell (basically like OpenOS shell). Soon to come will be "Concert", which is a GUI interface, better suited for multi-tasking.

Currently, the only interface to show, Fushell:

Fushell 0.2.0

You might as well as spotted the "pl" and "kill" command. Yep! Thoses are multitask commands :D

I'm not doing a whole documentation here, but basically "pl" lists tasks (called processes internally) and "kill", well, it kill tasks

Installing

Whatever from what OS you're installing it.

OpenOS:

Just type the following:

pastebin run s2YZJ0T6

MineOS:

Coming soon.

I finished the 2nd stage installer, i'll do the 1st stage (installing from OpenOS/MineOS) when i will have more time :)

I didn't finished the installer. However i added a  VERY IMPORTANT FEATURE, before events were handled by programs and blocking. Now events are handled by the task manager. Meaning A process can pull event while another does something else. Which is very close to multi-tasking. However this feature is buggy and some events are skipped, this should be fixed by optimizing.

Alongside this i might make a GUI soon to show the benefits of multi-tasking V.S. single-tasking (used by MineOS and tactiOS). Which would allow programs to be active (doing something without blocking GUI) rather than passive (waiting for GUI event)!