• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HeavenlyFLARE

i cant seem to get oppm to work plz help

Question

9 answers to this question

i'm going to guess you have a /etc/oppm.cfg that lists oppm is installed (maybe copied from another computer?)

and i'm going to guess you don't have a /bin/oppm.lua which should be created when you install oppm

anyways, seems you have a mix of files needed. try removing your /etc/oppm.lua and run the install again

17 hours ago, payonel said:

i'm going to guess you have a /etc/oppm.cfg that lists oppm is installed (maybe copied from another computer?)

and i'm going to guess you don't have a /bin/oppm.lua which should be created when you install oppm

anyways, seems you have a mix of files needed. try removing your /etc/oppm.lua and run the install again

Ok i will try that. thanks!

18 hours ago, payonel said:

it still wont work...….

2019-03-13_14.34.14.png

5 hours ago, payonel said:

please provide a repro

keep in mind, repro means: minimum set of steps from an empty flatworld test environment, everything you create and do in order to reproduce the issue

im confused......you want me to show you a repro?????? how to get that?

im not that stupid.....im just new to lua and open computers :)

repro is short for reproduce

A good bug report provides a minimal set of steps required to reproduce the bug. A minimal set of steps also means a minimal set of dependencies. If your bug does not need survival, don't use survival, make a creative world. If your repro doesn't need multiplayer, don't use multiplayer. If your repro doesn't need other mods installed, repro with only OC installed. If your bug doesn't need default world, use a flat world.

Here is an example repro of a made up bug:

Bug: Computer literally explodes

Repro steps

1. Using MC 1.12.2 with multimc

2. Install Forge version 1.12 - 14.21.1.2443

3. Install OC version OpenComputers-MC1.12.2-1.7.4.156.jar

4. Create single player world, flat world, creative mode

5. spawn an OC computer using /oc_sp on the ground near your character

6. Turn on computer by crouch+right clicking the case

7. See the computer explode before the boot screen renders any text

13 hours ago, payonel said:

repro is short for reproduce

A good bug report provides a minimal set of steps required to reproduce the bug. A minimal set of steps also means a minimal set of dependencies. If your bug does not need survival, don't use survival, make a creative world. If your repro doesn't need multiplayer, don't use multiplayer. If your repro doesn't need other mods installed, repro with only OC installed. If your bug doesn't need default world, use a flat world.

Here is an example repro of a made up bug:

the second pic was a completely different world I just made.....

Looking at your second screenshot, the last command you tried did invoke OPPM but it couldn't find the package.

It's unclear from the screenshot, but it looks like you've specified "gen2halo" as the package name. That doesn't exist and I'm guessing you'll want "gen2holo".