Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • 0
HeavenlyFLARE

i cant seem to get oppm to work plz help

Question

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

i'm going to guess you have a /etc/oppm.cfg that lists oppm is installed (maybe copied from another computer?)

and i'm going to guess you don't have a /bin/oppm.lua which should be created when you install oppm

anyways, seems you have a mix of files needed. try removing your /etc/oppm.lua and run the install again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 hours ago, payonel said:

i'm going to guess you have a /etc/oppm.cfg that lists oppm is installed (maybe copied from another computer?)

and i'm going to guess you don't have a /bin/oppm.lua which should be created when you install oppm

anyways, seems you have a mix of files needed. try removing your /etc/oppm.lua and run the install again

Ok i will try that. thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 hours ago, payonel said:

i'm going to guess you have a /etc/oppm.cfg that lists oppm is installed (maybe copied from another computer?)

and i'm going to guess you don't have a /bin/oppm.lua which should be created when you install oppm

anyways, seems you have a mix of files needed. try removing your /etc/oppm.lua and run the install again

it still wont work...….

2019-03-13_14.34.14.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

please provide a repro

keep in mind, repro means: minimum set of steps from an empty flatworld test environment, everything you create and do in order to reproduce the issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, payonel said:

please provide a repro

keep in mind, repro means: minimum set of steps from an empty flatworld test environment, everything you create and do in order to reproduce the issue

im confused......you want me to show you a repro?????? how to get that?

 

im not that stupid.....im just new to lua and open computers :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

repro is short for reproduce

A good bug report provides a minimal set of steps required to reproduce the bug. A minimal set of steps also means a minimal set of dependencies. If your bug does not need survival, don't use survival, make a creative world. If your repro doesn't need multiplayer, don't use multiplayer. If your repro doesn't need other mods installed, repro with only OC installed. If your bug doesn't need default world, use a flat world.

Here is an example repro of a made up bug:

Quote

Bug: Computer literally explodes

Repro steps

1. Using MC 1.12.2 with multimc

2. Install Forge version 1.12 - 14.21.1.2443

3. Install OC version OpenComputers-MC1.12.2-1.7.4.156.jar

4. Create single player world, flat world, creative mode

5. spawn an OC computer using /oc_sp on the ground near your character

6. Turn on computer by crouch+right clicking the case

7. See the computer explode before the boot screen renders any text

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, payonel said:

repro is short for reproduce

A good bug report provides a minimal set of steps required to reproduce the bug. A minimal set of steps also means a minimal set of dependencies. If your bug does not need survival, don't use survival, make a creative world. If your repro doesn't need multiplayer, don't use multiplayer. If your repro doesn't need other mods installed, repro with only OC installed. If your bug doesn't need default world, use a flat world.

Here is an example repro of a made up bug:

 

the second pic was a completely different world I just made.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Looking at your second screenshot, the last command you tried did invoke OPPM but it couldn't find the package.

It's unclear from the screenshot, but it looks like you've specified "gen2halo" as the package name. That doesn't exist and I'm guessing you'll want "gen2holo".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.