• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
UCQuasar

Trouble with remote terminal

Question

Edit - Ended up giving up on trying to get this to work and decided to seperate the screen parts for each server and then use a networked computer to connect to other components.

I'm trying to use a server rack to have two servers where one controls three display boards and the other controls a few nuclearcraft reactors + one display screen.

I've equipped each server with a gpu dedicated to each screen and the programs explicitly bind each gpu to a specific screen.

I then added two terminal servers onto the rack and bound a remote terminal to each one and then used the rack gui to link the terminal servers to their respective servers. I noticed the terminal servers had their own specific screen assigned to them so I also explicitly set the terminal to each one using term.bind().

I was having trouble with the remote terminals intercepting each other so I moved the terminal server and servers into two seperate servers and I get the same issue.

I have an exit function in each program that listens for the "END" button key down event. I booted up both servers and they linked to their correct remote terminal but if I press "END" in any terminal, it will close the programs on both servers.

I also have an issue when both programs are closed. Sometimes, one terminal will write to both servers or they'll both write but to the wrong server.

Any ideas on how to fix this.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet