• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Civil

Computer Halted Error

Question

So, I've been playing around with OC, but I keep running into this issue. Every time I install the OS, and the computer reboots, it's fine. But the next time it restarts, I get an error, "Unrecoverable Error: Computer Halted"

I've looked everywhere for this error but I haven't found anything, so I figured I'd ask here.

I can wipe the HDD by crafting it by itself, and everything is fine and dandy again, just gotta reinstall the OS, but it's not very practical since the computer will just crash again, causing me to wipe the HDD again.

Any advice would be most welcome.

If you need more information, please just let me know. I've included the error's, HDD and EEPROM info, and the analyzer feedback.

javaw_2019-01-25_00-06-30.png.5bf14ed2d9141f55940017134d835da8.png

javaw_2019-01-25_00-07-02.png.900e03e1374d155981b4c8181dff2d16.png

javaw_2019-01-25_00-07-15.png.59b6c8a4c60d83b2cccd4438b9f0dd7a.png

javaw_2019-01-25_00-07-57.thumb.png.d9b63dc399742a219adc09dcc0970ab5.png

16 answers to this question

Can confirm that I have been having this issue as well and could likewise find nothing on it. Has happened on the multiplayer server I play on about 5 times now. Personally I'm powering mine through an extreme reactors reactor plugged in through an ender io conduit, but same issue plugged into a fluxduct from thermal expansion. This happens everytime I come back onto the server if it has turned off. I've tried chunkloading with a mekanism digital miner but to no avail. 

I am powering the computer the same way, a big reactor and thermal expansion RF fluxducts. The computer says it's getting powered.

I've discovered through more testing that the computer breaks every time the chunk is unloaded and loaded back up. Chunk loaders do work, but if I log off then it does break regardless of the chunkloaders (I guess chunk loaders require at least one player to be online?)

The breaking is very strange. If the computer is unloaded while it was still running, when I come back it will still be on, but none of the commands will work (the computer is unusable). Any entered command does nothing and then it proceeds to the next input line. Turning the computer off and then back on yields the error in discussion. I would take a screenshot but the server I play on is experiencing problems right now.

Regardless, I shouldn't have to chunk load everything. I've never had this problem before with OC. 

I do not know if it happens with all OC devices, but it does happen with all of my computers.

Having the same bug. And it's getting pretty frustrating now. I'm trying to do so complex stuff and those crashes just destroy everything. I'm powering my computers with the Draconic Evolution wireless crystal. Though I don't think it has to do anything with the way I'm delivering power to the PC. I think it is a mod conflict yet it hadn't happened until yesterday. I had 3 or 4 tier 3 computers and had received no such error. It only happens to the last computer I built which I use to track the power in my Draconic Power Orb.

if anyone is able to create a simple repro, with a TINY number of mods, and are able to pack that into a zip, then share that zip with me (here, or in our #oc irc channel) i WILL look into this

the problem i have is that this does not repro for me

ideally it repros with OC only :) and all we need is a world tarball.

ideally i don't have to use another launcher, but can just drop the world, config, and mods in an mmc instance

try copying the world to a new pack that contains OC only, turn off power requirements for oc in the config then start it up and let fml drop all the blocks you've removed support for, test the machines and see if they still fail.

For me it does not erase only the floppy disks but the HDDs too. I'm playing on a private modpack but I was able to repro it in the latest FTB Beyond 1.10.2(with all mods present). I tried every version of OC for 1.10.2 but it's all the same. I can send logs, the world or whatever you would need to repro it.

is it a local game? can you zip up your entire minecraft instance of that pack and share a link for me to download? if you dont have a place from which you can share it, I can create a cloud folder. just private message me in irc (oc on esper)

Been having this issue as well on a 1.12.2 DW20 server I've been playing on. Computers do not appear to save correctly to hard drives and floppy disks. Hard drives, when removed, will render the computer non-functional. It displays a bluescreen that states the computer's been halted. Floppy disks are much the same, when pulled out of the system and put in a chest, or left unloaded, they lose their data as well. They still have the .lua files inside, but they're completely empty. If I had to guess, that's probably what's happening to the contents of the hard drive as well. However, OS floppies and other predefined floppies don't have this issue.