• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Ta©ti Tac0Z

make opencomputers processors faster

Question

i'm currecly useing CC becuse of the fact that the speed of witch lua commands is run is based on a speed factor in the processor item limiting the update speed of a program

OC is better that CC in all otherways then this, CC does not limit speed (not on purpes anyway) nor does it limit the amout of RAM a spesific computer can use (allso CC have made too much of an effort optimiseing the mod for servers makeing CC look like a simplyfired version of OC - witch i supose it is)

anyway of removieing (i know that ain't going to happen) the limit or at least let the computers run faster?

40 answers to this question

23 hours ago, noahthegame said:

... if i had 10 pence evrey time somebody Said that... i Got banned from reddit (i belive it was) in 4 days becuse of 4 poeple downvoted my qestion nobody Said anything. It's great to get reminded tho Thanks .  

2 hours ago, noahthegame said:

i whounder how many downvotes i need to be banned, i bet am going to find out

Doesn't that make you think if you should ask questions in a different way?

Edited by Luca_S
Formatting
17 minutes ago, Luca_S said:

Doesn't that make you think if you should ask questions in a different way?

It does but that doesn't mean that guy is allowed to shit on me also you was not a part of this argument and i don't Think You want to be. So please just stop. I get the point i don't know how to use forums in a productive manner.

may i add that nobody as told me exacly what to do insted, the complain i made in the start of this thread was meant as a qestion more then anything becuse i knew that somebody whould currect me

all what poeple have Said is that i complain to much, as far as i know this is in the programing tab not in The qestions tab technicly i chould say this just was a Big complaint. i Got a warning before (2 years ago) i belive i Said some body was "an asshole" becuse he Said i was :D am sure the modurator Will find a reson to kick me out

Molinko does/did not hande this well nether does/did i, i should expect asshole behaveier when i has asshole behaveier:

this did not come out well (at all) and was really childish by me:

2 hours ago, noahthegame said:

" Molinko and Luca_S reacted to this: -2"

thanks m8,

i whounder how many downvotes i need to be banned, i bet am going to find out

Altho molinkos reaction was not at all better:

2 hours ago, Molinko said:

I'd give you another if I could.

I see molinko has stop posting now even tho i Can see he Saw evrey thing all ready ("molinko reacted to this") hes trying to stop the argument witch is smart of him and i should be just as smart, right now i am waiting for the guy who managed to hold him self out of this argument when my issue is fixed I'll point out the answer (gulden cob button) and leve the thread be (deleted it if posible)

5 minutes ago, noahthegame said:

may i add that nobody as told me exacly what to do insted, the complain i made in the start of this thread was meant as a qestion more then anything becuse i knew that somebody whould currect me

While it is not possible to tell you exactly what to do instead, here are a few things you should've done a little bit differently to make this more pleasant and helpful for everyone:

• Your title: "make opencomputers processors faster". You are asking a question in your post which you want answered, why not make that the title instead: "How do I increase or remove the limits of the CPU/RAM?"
    • This makes it easy at first glance for everyone to see what you try to accomplish
    • "make [...] processors faster" sounds like you are giving someone the command to do so, which is not good when asking questions.
    • What would've been even better is to ask a question in relation to your program(e.g. "How can I optimise a program for <this>?"), however that would require you to show the program to the community, which you seem unwilling to do so.(Also you should note that this decreases the chances of you getting help)
  • Your post
    • You should've clarified better what your actual problem was. E.g. "This program(<link to program>) is running slow, I tried <this and that> to optimise it, but it doesn't seem to work. I would be grateful for any ideas"
  • Your first reply: "right... how lovely... ONLY ONE COMPONENT CALL PER TICK!!! JESUS duckING CRIST... that most be a joke, right?
    • Screaming at people/Writing in all caps is not very well perceived by most and will not get you anywhere
    • This also doesn't add something really constructive to the discussion
    • Better would be something like: "This seems pretty slow. Is there any way to increase the component calls when in single player?"
    • I guess that reply was written in a lot of anger, but if you are angry at something, it might be better to write the post, not click submit, wait a few minutes until you've calmed down and think again if this post will be constructive in any way
  • "so i can see that buffer api thing have the standart gpu functions so i give the infomation to the buffer (eg buffer.set(2,2,0xff0000, 0, " ")) and the buffer api will only do a gpu.set opration when it has to limting unnessary gpu.set's? is that how that works?". This was actually a pretty good post:
    • It shows that you've checked out the topic and know what you are talking about
    • It states a clear question
  • The three posts here are a bit unnecessary and could've been put in one post asking "I've tried this: <code here> and it doesn't work. I have <this and that> problem."

These are just a few random thoughts about how you could've gotten/will get better help.

9 minutes ago, Luca_S said:

"make [...] processors faster" sounds like you are giving someone the command to do so, which is not good when asking questions.

I whould have tryed to save my position in this argument but that point is simply to good You are right

(i gave up quteing at this time...)

The thread was not related to any program when this thread was made i was still on the CC side of the community i did rellate it to a program later tho with the checker patten thing i made 

"it was a joke yes" he lied While thinking about hes math was crappy and forgot how many ticks Per secount minecraft haves. No qestions was asked after that, sens the man infront of him sems to be able to read hes mind.

"..." the man lost hes apillity to talk, turned around and walked away

"the tree post here..." 

ye i guess

my problem was OC's apillity to Update screens and Why there was so aggressive limits in genual (and yes You May not comment this Line please)

conclusion:

• suck at forums
  • you are right in all most all your points in You lates post
  • i suck at forums ohhh Wait i Ran out of ideas... Why did i make a list...

OC's way of limiting GPU calls, making pixel-by-pixel drawing incredibly slow, is actually kind-of realistic. (it's only more extreme to compensate for good server performance)

One way, which was already suggested, is to buffer every pixel and only draw the changes.

Additionally to that you'd have to create some sort of algorithm, which groups pixels together to reduce GPU calls.

Soo that is the general idea of some sort of double buffered graphics library for OC.

I know how you're feeling and I didn't read every comment here but it seems like you've overreacted a bit.

Anyway, if you're interested in a double buffering library that allows you to create multiple buffers, I've created one a day ago with a very simple "algorithm" to group the pixels together. (Although I DO NOT only draw the changes; I might add that if I have the motivation for it.) 

Click here my dude

You "require" this library and create a buffer with lib.createBuffer(xpos, ypos, width, height) which returns the buffer (table) containing some methods. Almost all of the drawing methods are called the same like from the GPU component api, although I did not add any documentation which means you'll have to look through the code yourself if you don't understand something.

To draw the buffer call buffer.draw().

Be aware that this is not really optimized and I didn't test resizing the buffers (but the methods are there). The RAM usage for a 160x50 buffer is actually acceptable (I think it was 134k free of 194k on a freshly booted OpenOS computer with 2x3.5 Memory) and it draws pretty fast although I did not test very complex images (I should've done that beforehand lol).

(Sorry if I jumped into this conversation too late)

EDIT:

I might also add that if you plan on creating a window-based desktop environment and you see that the windows don't follow your mouse as fast as you drag them, it is not the fault of slow drawing (at least if you have a good double buffering library), instead it's the fact that the computer doesn't process events as fast as CC but maybe you already know that.

6 hours ago, noahthegame said:

yeah... you are really late i susjecst you should have read the post up to this point before you writen your post

I'm not interested in reading up posts which consist of passive-aggressive comments from the person that created the thread as you seemed not to appreciate the help of others and just cry and complain constantly.

a guy all ready showed me a buffering api witch works and witch am useing, you didn't look back before you writen this did you?

Yes I know but the way I understood your tears that I skimmed over I thought you didn't like the fact that the library he gave you only has one buffer and you thought it was a "bug" at first that you had to reboot or something like that.

i think i made my self clear....

What? The comment you quoted doesn't really clear up or negate what I've said. My comment you've quoted is basically the answer for your quote.

Anyway, you don't seem like a person someone can talk to normally. You don't seem to appreciate help from others other than using a solution but still crying about something and answering other posts that don't fit your expectations with passive-aggressive comments so I'm done with you. 

I recommend you not to post anything on this forum if you plan on being stubborn.

32 minutes ago, Piorjade said:

What? The comment you quoted doesn't really clear up or negate what I've said. My comment you've quoted is basically the answer for your quote.

13 hours ago, noahthegame said:"

(and yes You May not comment this Line please)

well i did...

33 minutes ago, Piorjade said:

Anyway, you don't seem like a person someone can talk to normally. You don't seem to appreciate help from others other than using a solution but still crying about something and answering other posts that don't fit your expectations with passive-aggressive comments so I'm done with you. 

I recommend you not to post anything on this forum if you plan on being stubborn.

omfg i... come on? what have i done to you exacly dude?

yeah... you are really late i susjecst you should have read the post up to this point before you writen your post

all what i did was answering your qestion: yes you are late

36 minutes ago, Piorjade said:

I'm not interested in reading up posts which consist of passive-aggressive comments from the person that created the thread as you seemed not to appreciate the help of others and just cry and complain constantly.

you just amitted you didn't read evrey thing and even said you didn't want nor plan two?!

it ain't my problem you then comes along and try to help when the problem you answered is answered

i may also add for the 3. time that mr. molinko is the sourse of the conflict i don't see the idea in more joining in. i amitted that my thread was a misstake but even tho one more have now joined the party

1 hour ago, Molinko said:

Noah, sometimes, you're just wrong/"don't get it"

Thanks for reminding me

Noah, sometimes, you're just wrong/"don't get it", and that's okay. Fingercomp has tried to demonstrate that although OC has some limitations, they're there for arguably good reasons. Many of your issues in your initial post can be addressed with a config change. As for the buffer library, fingercomp was mentioning that's it's a Singleton. What he's trying to say basically is that the buffer data, or state, will be preserved from one program to the other. If you didn't know this you might think it was a bug... Basically what I'm trying to say is that you could use the forums more appropriately by asking better and more concise questions rather than a string of appearent complaints while also ignorant of the full capabilities of the mod. 

P.s Its not my intention to sound like a butthole..

You are in genural late if You looked on the recent post you'll see that my issues about the optimiazion as been adreest for long time ago

As for the buffer library, fingercomp was mentioning that's it's a Singleton

Yes the problem now is that i can't fiqure out how to reset the singleton, am i allowed to ask how to reset it?

Well am Sorry but You kindof are at the monument, and You are doing a bad job at hiddeing it. I fell like in the event that You fell like You should write that isn't it just Best to just stop there?

it makes it even worse if You are bomb block from CC witch i have the idea that You are

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you could use the forums more appropriately by asking better and more concise questions rather than a string of appearent complaints

... if i had 10 pence evrey time somebody Said that... i Got banned from reddit (i belive it was) in 4 days becuse of 4 poeple downvoted my qestion nobody Said anything. It's great to get reminded tho Thanks 

Shit Sorry bomb block Said he was one of you am Sorry up curse when You Said mod You meant modification not modutator am Sorry. When thats Said You are begging to get a bad resolut when You say:

You are basicly saying: "p.s i know am a butthole live with it"

i know my learning skills is about at the zero mark but starting out with and i qoute: Noah, sometimes, you're just wrong/"don't get it"

is a great Way to not Being a Leading member i see You used the "deleted" efect on it now tho, how conviniend

Also as a addisinal thing

I attempt to answer questions from people seeking assistance

This is the assistance You have given me in this entire thread:

2 hours ago, Molinko said:

Noah, sometimes, you're just wrong/"don't get it", and that's okay. Fingercomp has tried to demonstrate that although OC has some limitations, they're there for arguably good reasons. Many of your issues in your initial post can be addressed with a config change. As for the buffer library, fingercomp was mentioning that's it's a Singleton. What he's trying to say basically is that the buffer data, or state, will be preserved from one program to the other. If you didn't know this you might think it was a bug... Basically what I'm trying to say is that you could use the forums more appropriately by asking better and more concise questions rather than a string of appearent complaints while also ignorant of the full capabilities of the mod. 

Ohhh Wait that is a compliant :D 

also this thread was not meant as a complaint more of a am-complaining-about-some-thing-now-currect-me-please-becuse-i-know-am-wrong and i was my game is pushing 50fps becuse of tjat buffer API am makeing lemmings in OC it works great

6 hours ago, Piorjade said:

OC's way of limiting GPU calls, making pixel-by-pixel drawing incredibly slow, is actually kind-of realistic. (it's only more extreme to compensate for good server performance)

One way, which was already suggested, is to buffer every pixel and only draw the changes.

Additionally to that you'd have to create some sort of algorithm, which groups pixels together to reduce GPU calls.

my problem was OC's apillity to Update screens and Why there was so aggressive limits in genual (and yes You May not comment this Line please)

i think i made my self clear....

Anyway, if you're interested in a double buffering library that allows you to create multiple buffers, I've created one a day ago with a very simple "algorithm" to group the pixels together. (Although I DO NOT only draw the changes; I might add that if I have the motivation for it.) 

Click here my dude

a guy all ready showed me a buffering api witch works and witch am useing, you didn't look back before you writen this did you?

I might also add that if you plan on creating a window-based desktop environment and you see that the windows don't follow your mouse as fast as you drag them, it is not the fault of slow drawing (at least if you have a good double buffering library), instead it's the fact that the computer doesn't process events as fast as CC but maybe you already know that.

exacly...

(Sorry if I jumped into this conversation too late)