• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
IlynPayne

The Guard - security system

The Guard - security system

The Guard is a base security control program I've written in 2016. It allows you to use some of the security devices from the OpenSecurity mod. It has modular architecture - all features are implemented in independent modules that can be replaced. It has action-driven - you can specify how everything behaves using the action system.

Features

• modular architecture
  • action-driven configurable behavior
  • redstone support (Redstone I/O blocks)
  • support of security devices from OpenComputes:
    • keypads
    • biometric readers
    • RFID card readers
    • turrets
    • entity detectors
    • motion sensors
    • alarms

Further reading

The guard has its own wiki, on which you can find the installation instructions as well as the example configuration and other information. If somebody is interested in writing a new module, I can create a wiki page with API documentation (basic information is provided in the_guard.lua file).

WIKI

Disclaimer

Although I have tested this program, a few issues might have slipped through. In that case feel free to report them in this thread or, even better, on the issue tracker if you have Gitlab account. If there's an error, be sure to include log contents (logs button on the right side of the program's interface) containing that error.

Screenshots

interface.thumb.png.f94512847ff0f78c679e669ebf1f8b59.png

alarm.thumb.png.e2a5fe2a34c6088ca36706c3e8d9a25f.png

keypads.thumb.png.d4e7a45c2e0b327682a269c01b9608e1.png

4 hours ago, Quisquid said:

Is this Program still maintained? 

I came across some problems, when i add new components. It says: safeCall: /lib/gml.lua:1500: attempt to call method 'onChange' (a nil value) when i doubleklick a component. 

It is maintained, I think. The last time I had a problem, I just created an issue on gitlab repository and the creator fixed it.

thx, for the quick fix! I think this program is very versatile due to its modular construction. 

You are not supporting doors and the SecurityBlock? 

I saw there is an option for a "Dark Theme". When i enable it it says "restart the program" but the design remains the same.

5 minutes ago, Quisquid said:

You are not supporting doors and the SecurityBlock?

I never needed them in my own setup (I prefer piston-based doors), so I saw no point in supporting them. That was before this script was published here. Later I've been thinking about adding new modules, including the one responsible for controlling security doors, but that would require a quite large modification of the core script (the ability to run more than 4 modules simultaneously). I didn't know if anyone used The Guard, so I didn't want to rush into this (partly because the lack of time).

28 minutes ago, Quisquid said:

I saw there is an option for a "Dark Theme". When i enable it it says "restart the program" but the design remains the same.

The dark theme was never tested, but I'll try to make it work. I'll add a new post when a patch is ready.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:32 PM, IlynPayne said:

I never needed them in my own setup (I prefer piston-based doors), so I saw no point in supporting them. That was before this script was published here. Later I've been thinking about adding new modules, including the one responsible for controlling security doors, but that would require a quite large modification of the core script (the ability to run more than 4 modules simultaneously). I didn't know if anyone used The Guard, so I didn't want to rush into this (partly because the lack of time).

The dark theme was never tested, but I'll try to make it work. I'll add a new post when a patch is ready.

How does one use it for a piston door? Also how do the IO work?

Thx, Will

The IO module allows to send or receive redstone (or bundled cables from Project Red) signals via Redstone I/O block. Output signals are set using sources whereas input signals are detected by sensors. Those are the names of views in the IO module.

Everything is controlled by actions so if you want to set up a piston doors, define a source (IO module) that is connected to those doors and then trigger an action setting redstone output on that source with, for example, bio reader or keypad (AUTH module, OpenSecurity mod).

The list of steps necessary to set up a piston doors is described in the wiki.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:58 AM, MrScamander said:

Is there a way to do actions if the code, or card is wrong?

Currently it's not possible, but I will make such action available soon.

On 12/22/2019 at 7:32 PM, StubbornDisciple19 said:

Is it possible to create unique pins per keypad, and change lockdown level to be able tp lockdown groups(i.e lvl 1 be the exterior doors group, level 2 adds firs level interior and turns on x lights)

It is not, but since you mentioned it I will look into that.

(I'm responding just now because apparently all my email notifications from this forum had been ending in a spam folder).