• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
PhysicalNova

A quite smart quarry

Hello ! Recently, I started to code in lua for fun. Here  is my first program, and I'm quite proud of it. If you want to test this, you need to get it in your minecraft save file. (There certainly are tutorials on internet).

Summary of the capabilities of this quarry robot :

-Adjustable depth, length and width of the "hole" you want to dig

-will get back to starting point if nearly out of power, inventory full

-will stop if the tool (pickaxe, shovel, or paxel if mods installed) is too much damaged (>20% durability)

-and maybe more that I forgot...

N.B. : It is crucial to have a robot with a linked card (yes, it's expensive), a hover update, a disk rack. The linked card is used when the tool is damaged (It will send a message to a linked computer, as to alert the player that he/she needs to replace the tool) , thus you will need to make a separate program on another computer that pulls the event (modem.message).

You can also download this little thing that, when ran will tell you the last error : Message.lua

After all of this has been set, before using your robot, you will need to put a chest above it, a charging station (powering of course) behind. These will be necessary to not interfere with the work of the quarry. Do not get in front of the robot, or let any entity get in its sight ! (this will ruin your rectangular quarry, that could get odd shapes)

The robot is now ready !

Warning : you will need to get down manually, the robot doesn't place stairs (I might be working on it in the future)

Another note : the robot will dig in front of and at the right of the robot. Just to be sure, test it on a flat world without precious buildings. Here is the program : Quarry.lua

And there is a bonus program : a basic stripmine ! Basic safety requirements are in the edit menu of the program. It is named BSMR (Basic StripMining Robot) Here it is : BSMR.lua

If you're sharing these three, please credit me, PhysicalNova ! Multiple hours were spend on this first program !

Furthermore, tell me about bugs encountered and feedbacks ! Peace !