• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
rancidlol

Trying to Load ae2 Autostock program

Question

I have been trying to get this program to work  but can't seem to load the required files in. When I run the stocker it says missing the text file even though I have that loaded in too. Is there another program out there to do this or can someone show me the ropes? I am fairly new to this mod. Thanks!

Revelation 1.10 

https://gyazo.com/5f21383a85aed7097445c1a8ddb94220

3 answers to this question

If you had installed then this shouldn't be your issue as (newer versions of) OpenOS caches the boot drive in the eeprom upon installation. Successive boots should boot from the hdd with the os installed. Though the fact that the autostock program itself is running from /tmp and looking for the config in the /autostock dir, which is in root dir (barf), is a sign of either improper installation or perhaps just poor software quality in the port to OC. Preferably user level programs should be installed somewhere above /home or /usr or even /home/usr. Likewise their libraries or configs probably shouldn't be in the root folder. If you're still having issues later then hit me back up here(this thread or PM), and you can walk me through how you're installing the program.. good luck bud

14 hours ago, Molinko said:

Have you installed OpenOS to the hdd with the install command? It looks like the program is installed to /tmp and the directory /autostock indeed doesnt exist because you booted OpenOS from the floppy? Just a guess.

That probably is the problem I did install the os but I never removed the floppy so it' probably still running from it. I'l remove it and try again when im off work! Thanks for checking it out