• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
LoganDark

Tellraw program - because why not

To install: pastebin get 3up32qD5 /bin/tellraw.lua

This is my tellraw program, which can be used in combination with the debug card to make image.png.55bf35cb1fa02510cb0494e88bf4a0ac.png

06c4202195.png

Result: 11aa83e4c9.png

You may ask, how does the program work? It's pretty simple and easy, really. Whatever you type will be inserted into the text input. Even keys like tab and enter insert their respective characters (represented in the text box as small symbols like image.png.84d22100e4bd1346bde2162f670482fb.png). You can change the color by clicking on one of the 16 colors. The arrow points to the currently selected color.

The quit button does just that, and the run button broadcasts the message to all players. The grey text underneath the text input is an indication of the colors of the text above it, and you can replace the color of characters you've already typed by clicking the grey text to color the character above wherever you click. The red X in the top right corner (not shown in the old screenshot above) completely clears the text input.

Oh, and then there's the save and load. That's self explanatory. No explanation should be needed...

If anyone needs further clarification, just ask. If anything doesn't work, reply and I'll try to help.

4 hours ago, BrisingrAerowing said:

I may add something like this to my map making library (which I have kind of neglected). I'm probably going to completely rewrite that library to be more modular first, though.

Feel free, just make sure to give me credit if you base it off of my code! :P