• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
craft90

Lost mount after installing OpenOS

Question

I'm really new on this mod and LUA in general. So I have no idea what I may have done wrong. I followed the tutorial for how to mount and label a hard drive and things worked great. I then attempted to install OpenOS from the floppy and things went south. It replaced my label and when I use df it show that the disk is mounted on "/   " Going via mnt/ I found the disk on the standard three letters mount. On the disk all these /bin, /lib and stuff was installed aswell as init.lua and my autorun.lua However attempting to remount the disk on what I want isn't working. It claims that there's no directionary called that. I even trashed the disk and tried again, same result.

I have tried to explain this as good as I can... hopefully someone might be able to help.

2 answers to this question

I started all over, twice. After reading up on filesystem I think I might have figured it out. Apparently "/"  denotes root folder and the mod doesn't like if you try to mount it, instead creating additional folders in the mnt/123 folder of the root system (so as I tried to mount the root fs as /sys, instead it created a new folder under "/" called sys.), if you try to follow the tutorial.  Seems hard-coded that root fs can't be mounted differently, at least not as a beginner. There was several other commands on the wiki, one might fix it. But I wouldn't know. Also being a root fs seems to stop autorun as I had it set to mount the hdd as the tutorial said. Before installing OpenOS and starting the problems. 

It worked the first time but then I hadn't installed OpenOS, instead running it off the floppy. So I guess installing OpenOS on the drive makes it behave that way. I'll check if the mount command gives as much info as the wiki hinted at tomorrow. Feels like the tutorial is a bit outdated.