• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
asie

[Outdated Post] [MC 1.6.4] [OC 1.2.2+] Computronics (0.1.5) - Link to new website in the thread

This is an old post! The new Computronics for 1.7.10 and beyond can be found at here (mirror).

Hey! This is my new mod, Computronics. It adds some new interesting peripherals, including simple Cameras, Cassette Tapes and MiscP's Iron Note Blocks.

The Cameras let you (and Robots) gather information (distance) about your surroundings, the Cassette Tapes let you record and play back music with a special format and... Iron Note Blocks are noteblocky. More features are planned, though!

RTYChuDl.png

WIKI AND DOWNLOADS: http://mc.shinonome.ch  https://wiki.vexatos.com/wiki:computronics

Edit by Sangar: changed URL as per Vexatos' request.

Are the camera's fully implemented yet? Or are they only like sonar now?

Depends on what you perceive as feature-complete. They're definitely not complete, but the chance they'll get actual color information is unlikely due to the fact that only the client knows that.

Are the camera's fully implemented yet? Or are they only like sonar now?

Depends on what you perceive as feature-complete. They're definitely not complete, but the chance they'll get actual color information is unlikely due to the fact that only the client knows that.

I indeed meant the color. So the camera is actually a sonar? What features do you want to implement further?

I have not been able to play with it yet, but it does look nice.

I've kinda just taken the mod over :o

Mainly because I wanted to see Minecraft 1.7.2 supported better, but also because this.

So here's Computronics 0.4.1 for Minecraft 1.7.2:

• Do NOT include a standalone AsieLib with this. This is due to Maven being a jerk. Instead, AsieLib 0.2.3 is part of the Computronics jarfile, and is compatible with all existing mods for Minecraft 1.7.2 that rely on any older version of AsieLib. This has been changed! I got them to compile as separate entities. Download AsieLib 0.2.3 here!
  • There is no real ComputerCraft support. This is due to ComputerCraft 1.6 being in eternal beta for Minecraft 1.7.2. This will change when dan200 finalizes CC for 1.7.2 and releases a proper API.
  • New content is indeed comming! Expect to see things like a Radar block and a Chiptune card :o
BINARY: Holenet.info (mirror until the new version is officially released)

SOURCE: GitHub

UNOFFICIAL! OpenComputers 1.3 support!

These versions aren't officially sanctioned by asie. They provide functionality for OpenComputers 1.3, NOT OpenComputers 1.2! If you aren't using the bleeding edge development builds of OpenComputers, DO NOT USE THESE.

These will become 0.4.3 when OpenComputers 1.3 becomes stable.

Also, no support will be available for these UNOFFICIAL builds! You're on your own beyond this point!

You need the latest version of AsieLib for your Minecraft version!

Download for Minecraft 1.7.2

Download for Minecraft 1.6.4

Computronics 0.5.0 has been released! This version is only available for OpenComputers 1.3.x or later, on Minecraft 1.7.x (sorry, 1.6.4 users! You can continue to use the 0.4.3 I posted earlier in the thread!)

What's new? Radar blocks! Now you can scan for nearby players and mobs in native OC! We also added two new robot upgrades: Chat Upgrades and Robot Upgrades let robots interact with in-game chat and scan for entities! We also added Particle Effect Cards to generate particle effects from a computer or robot. And this is on top of a ton of general improvements and enhancements. And, we've added FULL ComputerCraft 1.64pr3 support! And we added some support for NedoComputers as well!

DOWNLOAD TODAY!

is it possible that i could take the output from the camera, import it in to a computer and translate the return into colors or are the numbers random?

The camera is only able to sense a distance. You can translate that into a color for drawing if you want but it won't have any relation to the color of the block the camera might have seen.

How can i use the spoof card i can't find docs on it anywhere not even in game?

EDIT: Is this forum page even still Alive? I know the mod is.

Press Shift while having the mouse over the item to see a description.

For API documentation you should try "=tostring(components.network.send)" in the lua command line. You have an optional parameter there which you don't have with a normal network card.