• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Palkir2

OpenComputers problem

Question

6 answers to this question

It depends on what exactly you mean with that and which stargate mod you are using.

I can only help with SGCraft.
A very simple control of the stargate would be this

local component = require("component")
local sg = component.getPrimary("stargate")

sg.dial("ABCDEFGHI")

You could check out my stargate control program https://oc.cil.li/index.php?/topic/1062-sg-craft-stargate-control-program/

If you really want to control a stargate from tablet, it would require writing a networked program. I will not explain how to do that as that is out of scope of the question.
What you need in first place, is to place acomputer somewhere near the stargate you want to control, put an Adapter block directly next/under it or something, and connect to the computer.

Sadly, any exact tips on how to control the stargate are not possible as you have not provided the information of what mod you're using. Best bet is to look at the dscription of the mod and look for OpenComputers API description in it.

On 2017-08-17 at 8:47 AM, Nexarius said:

A tablet cannot be connected to external component and if the stargate is not connected it won't work.

Awh that's too bad. I was playing with the thought of being able to send the IDC via a tablet. Like in the show where they send it over so HQ will open the iris. 

12 hours ago, craft90 said:

Awh that's too bad. I was playing with the thought of being able to send the IDC via a tablet. Like in the show where they send it over so HQ will open the iris. 

You could do that with a wireless network card (that is an internal not external component) but of course the other side needs a computer who can detect the signal.