• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
rick3333

Unmanaged drive filesystem/driver

Question

Description:

I am wanting to use unmanaged drives more but need a file system like driver for it and a bios for an eeprom that is not based on OpenOS Devfs

Function:

I would like basic file management e.g. read, write, move and delete files (directories are optional)

as well as an loader program that loads a file from OpenOS to the drive (this is optional)

and a small bios for an eeprom to load a file like the default lua bios where it loads init.lua or autorun.lua ( again optional)

Deadline:

I'm not too fussed, I would appreciate it as soon as possible but I am aware this is might be on the large side for a request.

Additional Information:

Simply ask me if you have other questions.

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

• Solution

As mentioned, I abandoned it a while ago, but I managed to save a local copy of the repo and re-uploaded it here. Please note: The wrapper was in the process of gaining write ability when it was abandoned. Furthermore the wrapper is designed for data while the boot loader uses a executable format and are not compatible. Don't forget you can pull request the repo with any additions :D.

You can find a unmanaged booting EEPROM here however it's not fully adapted outside of it's original use so poke around maybe even modify it (I'd recommend removing the managed boot feature.)

I'd also offer up a wrapper I made but a while ago I scrapped a large portion of it and never patched it.